THE Emirates group is suspending most passenger operations by March 25
- Emirates to freeze passenger operations, but cargo will still fly
- Boeing seeks federal aid to avoid layoffs in its supply chain network
US PLANE maker Boeing has asked White House and Congressional officials for short-term aid for itself, suppliers and airlines because of the...
- US airlines fear travel ban; Canadian carriers seek state aid
THERE is talk among airline analysts and industry experts that the US government may close all airspace to passenger carriers shortly, permitting...
- Korean Air, Scoot, Cathay mull using passenger planes as freighters
KOREAN AIR said it plans to deploy passenger aircraft that have been idled to carry cargo on flights to Qingdao from March 21, reports London's...
- US transatlantic passenger ban expected to be major blow to air cargo
THE air travel ban from Europe - but not Britain or applicable to Irish citizens - to the US is likely to have a profound impact on the transatlantic...
- Airfreight rates to hit US$10/kg; more rises as demand surges
FORWARDERS are anticipating ad hoc airfreight rates of US$10 per kilogramme, as shippers become desperate to release goods from China with little or...
- Allied Air signs up to convert four passenger B-737 jets to freighters
AFRICAN freighter operator Allied Air has agreed to purchase four Boeing 737-800 passenger jet-to-freighter conversions to be carried out by...
- Korean Air launches Seoul-Budapest cargo flights
KOREAN Air has commenced the first direct cargo flights between Seoul and Budapest that uses a Boeing 777 freighter
- DHL Express to take delivery of six new Boeing 777 freighters in 2020
DHL Express is receiving six new Boeing 777-200 freighters this year
- Emirates SkyCargo service still sees 'good demand' for China cargo
EMIRATES SkyCargo said it is seeing 'good demand' for import and export cargo to and from China in the wake of the prolonged Lunar New Year...
- LATAM boosts flower shipments thanks to expanding operations
LATAM Cargo flew 210 Boeing 767-300 freighter aircraft out of Colombia and Ecuador, loaded with 12,600 tons of flowers for this year's...
- Air Canada's net profit up 298pc to US$1.09 billion as sales rise 5.5pc
AIR CANADA posted a 298 per cent year-on-year increase in net profit to C$1
- US wins WTO approval for tariffs on US$7.5 billion of EU aircraft
IN RESPONSE to a World Trade Organisation (WTO) decision that permits the US to impose retaliatory import tariffs on US$7
- Air Zimbabwe fails to raise investors to supply forex starved state
ZIMBAWE's national airline, Air Zimbabwe, has failed to secure outside investment, dealing a blow to government plans to sell state-owned assets...
- Swiss WorldCargo expands into Japan with new Osaka coverage
THE air freight division of Swiss International, Swiss WorldCargo, is adding Osaka, Japan, as a destination in its global network
- LATAM Cargo's launch services from US to Panama, Bogota and Cali
LATAM Airlines' cargo division has launched the new twice weekly services that are operated by Boeing 767-300 freighters
- Freighter conversions all the rage as Boeing wins small aircraft orders
US aircraft manufacturer Boeing Co failed to win any orders for commercial aircraft in January for the first time in over half a century
- Boeing talks down air cargo growth in 2020 due to coronavirus
DESPITE signs that the coronavirus outbreak is peaking on mainland China and that symptoms are comparable to a bad case of flu that healthy...
- DSV Panalpina's airfreight volumes rise but profits decline due to integration
DSV's air freight revenues and volumes improved last year after buying Panalpina
- New US$19m servicing facility opens at Cincinnati airport
MIAMI-BASED aircraft repair station FEAM Aero has inaugurated a new maintenance hangar at Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG) to...