THE US Maritime Administration (MarAd) having received petitions on automation of cargo handling in American harbours must weigh social costs against...
- MarAd weighs social case versus efficiency plea in port automation ruling
- UPS Flight Forward and Matternet seek FAA drone ops exemption
UPS' technology subsidiary UPS Flight Forward (UPS FF) and partner California-based drone technology firm Matterne, is seeking exemptions from...
- Amazon.com to buy 9.9pc of Canadian air freight partner Cargojet
- Atlas Air's pilots ordered by court to accept arbitrated contract process
AN arbitrator has denied the request by Atlas Air pilots to negotiate their next contract and instead imposed an arbitrated contract process,...
- Amazon to take equity stake in Canadian airline Cargojet
- July's 51 freighter deals are led by Boeing 767 deliveries
ONE-THIRD (35 per cent) of the 51 freighter aircraft transactions in July involved Boeing 767s, with demand for both production freighters and...
- FedEx breaks away from Amazon partnership to serve broader range
AMERICAN express delivery giant FedEx says it is ending its domestic US ground-delivery contract with Amazon
- ATSG Q2 profit soars 57pc to US$37.5 million as sales rise 64.3pc
FREIGHTER operator ATSG saw operating income in the second quarter skyrocket 56
- Hiring for Amazon Air is stepped up in July to meet rising demand
AMAZON Air, Amazon's budding air cargo business, ramped up its hiring efforts in July in a bid to realise its expansion goals that intend to...
- Cargojet handles 'record volumes' during Amazon's Prime Day shopping
CANADIAN overnight freighter operator Cargojet said that it handled 'record volumes' and added capacity to meet e-commerce demand for...
- Amazon to construct major cargo complex at Lakeland Linder airport
AMAZON is to build a 285,000-square-foot cargo complex at Lakeland Linder International Airport in Florida after signing a 20-year contract with...
- E-commerce drives shippers to add their own air cargo networks: Atlas
THE executive vice president and chief commercial officer of Atlas Air Worldwide, Michael Steen, says that shippers are expected to increasingly...
- Online shopping now accounts for 34pc of US apparel sales: report
eCOMMERCE now accounts more than a third of all American apparel sales - at 34
- Atlas Air pilots' union supports worldwide Amazon warehouse strike
ATLAS AIR pilots who fly cargo for Amazon
- Online merchants turn to drop shipping to bypass warehousing costs
DROP shipping is growing in e-commerce because it enables the transfer customer orders to the manufacturer, wholesaler or another retailer, so the...
- Amazon explores offering drone surveillance as a service
AMAZON has been granted a patent that paves the way for it to potentially offer drone surveillance as a new business solution
- Amazon Air starts cargo flights to Anchorage airport
AMAZON Air has launched flights to Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport (ANC) operated by Boeing 767 freighters, enabling it to deliver Prime...
- FedEx's integration with TNT leaves firm with Q4 loss of US$1.97b
FEDEX reported a fourth quarter fiscal net loss of US$1
- FedEx offers discounts to lure online customers
FEDEX Corp is seeking to attract online merchants with significant discounts as it looks to adjust its delivery system to cope with the boom in...
- ABX Air partners with Air Cargo Carriers to accelerate pilot recruitment
AIR Transport Services Group unit, ABX Air, has joined turboprop freighter operator Air Cargo Carriers to allow the smaller firm's pilots to...