ENVIRONMENTALISTS are ramping up pressure on global regulators to put in place methane emission targets for ships powered by liquefied natural gas...
- LNG 'most commercially viable to cut shipping's carbon footprint'
- Decarbonisation of shipping industry comes with US$1 trillion price tag
A WHOOPING US$1 trillion is required to cut the shipping industry's greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions in half
- SAS appoints Charlotte Svensson as new CIO and vice president
CHARLOTTE Svensson will become Scandinavian Airlines' (SAS) new vice president and chief information officer from February 1
- Etihad Cargo becomes member of Cool Chain Association and Pharma.Aero
ETIHAD Cargo has now joined the Cool Chain Association and Pharma
- Colombo terminal handles 2.9m TEU in 2019, continuing on its sharp growth track
THE Colombo International Container Terminal (CICT) in Sri Lanka handled 2
- Kuehne + Nagel joins anti-CO2 Development & Climate Alliance lobby
KUEHNE + NAGEL is now a member of the Development and Climate Alliance that promotes development and environmental protection, announcing 'direct...
- LA-Long Beach mull TEU-based tax on BCOs to fund clean trucks
THE ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach are considering a new tax from US$5 to $70 per laden TEU to pay for near-zero emission harbour trucks,...
- Qingdao opens smart and green fully automated container terminal
THE fully automated container terminal has opened at China's Qingdao port in Shandong province that utilises hydrogen energy and 5G technology to...
- Switch to non-diesel trucks in Europe requires more charging, refuelling points
RADICAL policy changes are needed to encourage European fleet operators to invest in non-diesel trucks, according to the European Automobile...
- Deutsche Bahn to test Skyports drones in its logistics supply chains
DB Digital Ventures, Deutsche Bahn's digital business division, is investing in drone infrastructure company Skyports
- MSC starts using greener blend of fuel oil in IMO carbon-cutting drive
MEDITERRANEAN Shipping Company (MSC) has started to bunker some of its vessels calling at the Dutch port of Rotterdam with a blend of fuel oil...
- California ports face major challenges with high energy costs
A RECENT meeting of the Port of Los Angeles Harbour Commissioners heard that California ports were not only paying more for diesel fuel, but were...
- CEVA Logistics undertakes ground-breaking project in Europe for Ideal Standard
CEVA Logistics, a subsidiary of the CMA CGM Group, has won a multi-year contract to provide logistics services in central and northern Europe from a...
- Crude price falls as Trump signals long wait for US-China trade deal
OIL slipped below US$56 a barrel US President Donald Trump said there may be a long wait for a trade agreement with China, reported Bloomberg
- Many problems will arise from low-sulphur fuel use, says researcher
THE more one gets into the nuts and bolts of low greenhouse gas fuel, the more problematic it becomes, says Anders Valland, research chief at SINTEF,...
- Anglo-Eastern creates new inspection gaming app for seafarers
HONG Kong-based ship manager Anglo-Eastern is launching an educational gaming app for seafarers that is designed to reduce shipboard deficiencies
- Hong Kong lures ship leasing firms to set up shop with offer of removing profit tax
HONG Kong is to remove income tax for ship leasing firms that are willing to locate their business to the Asian maritime hub in a move to boost the...
- Demand for mid-size, smaller box ships looks promising: Global Ship Lease
SHIP charterer Global Ship Lease Inc has announced that third quarter net income rose to US$9
- Maersk announces sudden departure of head of operations Soren Toft
DANISH business conglomerate AP Moller-Maersk has announced the immediate departure of one of its rising stars, 45-year-old executive vice president...
- Palo Alto Networks helps Kerry Logistics to boost supply chain security
GLOBAL cybersecurity leader Palo Alto Networks announced that it is working with Hong Kong's Kerry Logistics to strengthen security across its...