SEATTLE's Expeditors International posted a 29 per cent year-on-year increase in second quarter operating profit to US$247
- Expeditors 2Q profit up 29pc to US$247.6 million, sales rise 27pc
- Korean Air July cargo up 19.3pc, but Asiana drags all down to 1.6pc
KOREAN Air cargo traffic grew 19
- WFS wins 5-year Air France-KLM concession at Brussels Airport
FRENCH groundhandling giant Worldwide Flight Services (WFS) has won five-year contract with Air France KLM Martinair Cargo at Brussels Airport,...
- Cathay Pacific Group posts US$1.2 billion loss as revenues fall 48.3pc
HONG KONG's Cathay Pacific Group posted an HK$9
- WTO hopeful Amina Mohamed backs new rules in US-China trade war
AMINA Mohamed, one of the front runners to be next World Trade Organisation (WTO) director general, foresees Geneva body being an 'honest...
- CP launches first international container trains from Saint John, NB
THE Canadian Pacific Railway has launched its international intermodal service through the Port of Saint John, New Brunwick
- Maritime cyber attacks soar 900pc in three years, says Naval Dome
CYBER-ATTACKS on the maritime industry's operational technology (OT) systems are expected to reach record numbers by year end, after soaring 900...
- Drewry's Healey sees Covid-19 downturn stretching to 5 years
OCEAN carriers face the prospect of cutting capacity by scrapping if the Covid crisis downturn persists, says London consultancy Drewry
- Port of Virginia throughput declines 16.8pc in July to 221,028 TEU
THE Port of Virginia posted a 16
- China phone shipments fall 35pc after 10pc fall in May, 16pc in June
SMARTPHONE shipments in China plunged 35 per cent in July compared with a year earlier, government data released on Tuesday shows, reported Reuters
- Korean shipyards retake top spot in July orders!
South Korean shipbuilders grabbed the No. 1 ranking in new shipping orders in July for the first time this year, beating their Chinese rivals,...
- Kerry Logistics named Most Honoured by Institutional Investor
HONG KONG's Kerry Logistics Network Limited has received the 'Most Honoured Companies' accolade in Institutional Investor's annual...
- Cathay Pacific makes changes in cargo management department
HONG KONG's Cathay Pacific has appointed Tom Owen, has held senior posts at the airline and in Swire Group, as the new director of cargo to take...
- Home Depot to opens three distribution centres near Atlanta
BIG BOX retailer Home Depot to has announced that it will open three distribution centres in Georgia over the next 18 months to support the growing...
- Cargo volumes fall in India's dozen state-owned major ports
CARGO volumes handled at India's dozen state-owned major ports continue to fall, reports Chennai's Hindu Business Line
- Canada's Prince Rupert gets the green light to expand terminal
DUBAI's DP World has received final regulatory approvoal to expand its Fairview container terminal at the Port of Prince Rupert in British...
- China-US west coast rates rise despite projections to the contrary
CHINA-US freight rates were up three per cent last week, even though volumes were expected to be down, reported the American Journal of...
- Nine Abducted FPSO Crewmembers Released by Pirates
Nine Nigerian crewmembers who were kidnapped from the FPSO Sendje Berge last month have been released, according to operator BW Offshore.
- Atlas Air Q2 profit down 9.2pc US$78.9 million as revenues rise 24.3pc
ATLAS Air Worldwide Holdings suffered a 9
- Global air cargo up 8pc in July, continues to show a slow recovery
GLOBAL air cargo volumes continue to show a slow recovery, with an eight per cent increase in July, reports London's Air Cargo News, citing a...