Two Sudanese migrants were killed and three others injured in a shooting at the Khums disembarkation point last night in Libya.
- IOM Deplores Killing of Two Migrants Returned from Sea to Libya!
- Dubai witnesses crew change of 3,000 seafarers
Dubai witnesses crew change of 3,000 seafarers within its territorial waters with joint efforts of DMCA and GDRFA
- Kalmar supplies equipment to DP World's Lirquen terminal in Chile
CARGOTEC's subsidiary Kalmar has concluded an agreement to supply DP World Lirquen terminal in Chile with a total of nine Kalmar equipment...
- DP World H1 box volume dips 5pc due to Covid-19
DUBAI's DP World, one of the world's largest operators of ports with locations in more than 50 countries, handled 33
- American Airlines H1 cargo revenue slumps 37pc to US277m
AMERICAN Airlines has offered cargo-only flights during the COVID-19 pandemic, but the new line of business didn't overcome the lost cargo moved...
- CSSC Marine Power to supply Yangzijiang with 10 dual-fuel engines
ZHENJIANG's CSSC Marine Power is providing Yangzijiang Shipbuilding up to 10 dual-fuel main engines, reports UK's Seatrade Maritime News
- Etihad Cargo hooks up with air cargo screening app for November debut
ETIHAD Cargo has formed a partnership with supply chain solution app E2open, that will help it to automate its cargo screening processes in...
- Chennai reduces port charges to rival Kattupalli and Krishnapatnam
CHENNAI Port Trust (ChPT) has offered increased concessions to feeders that containers that transship at Chennai to and from bigger ships from...
- Asia-Europe slip 1.2pc to US$896/TEU, USWC off 3.2pc at $2,704 FEU
SPOT rates for shipping containers from Asia to northern Europe in the week ending last Friday declined 1
- Ontario International Airport freight shipments surge 30pc in June
AIRFREIGHT shipments increased by nearly 30 per cent in June and 20 per cent in the first half of the year at Ontario International Airport (ONT),...
- DHL Express expands fleet capacity with four converted B767-300Fs
WORLD's leading express service provider DHL Express is to add four B767-300 Boeing converted freighters (BCF) as part of its efforts to continue...
- Ethiopian B777 freighter damaged in Shanghai blaze
AN Ethiopian Airlines Boeing 777 freighter caught fire at Shanghai Pudong airport while cargo was being loaded
- GAC to takeover Ahlers Singapore's logistics operations
UNITED Arab Emirates-based Gulf Agency Company (GAC) is set to acquire Ahlers' Singapore logistics business following the signing of a Memorandum...
- Box volumes at India's major ports plunge 30pc in April-June: IPA
STATISTICS released by the Indian Ports' Association (IPA) show that container cargo handling at India's 12 major ports dropped 32
- Seaspan spends US$146m in cash for a pair of secondhand 13,000-TEUers
SEASPAN Corporation, a subsidiary of Atlas, has acquired two secondhand containerships for approximately US$146 million in cash in a deal backed by...
- Airfreight rates tick up as passenger-freighters depart from the market
Airfreight rates have increased after the declines of the past weeks, with forwarders reporting further increases on the way
- Cathay Pacific delays Airbus deliveries, in advanced talks with Boeing
HONG Kong's Cathay Pacific says it has reached agreement with Airbus to delay the delivery of A350s and A321neos and was in advanced talks with...
- Aussie parliament look into Australia-China trade reliance
AUTRALIA's reliance - and potential over reliance - on China as a trade partner is being put under the microscope of a parliamentary inquiry
- China-Africa trade down 20pc, hit from coronavirus in first half
TWO-WAY trade between China and Africa fell 19
- US box imports slide 10pc in June, better performance by west coast ports
UNLIKE the trend of the past year, US west coast ports fared better in comparison with their east and Gulf coast gateway rivals last month, recording...