AIR freight rates have returned to mid-March levels as jet fuel prices continue to rise, according to London's Loadstar
- Air freight rates rise to pre-Covid level as fuel prices increase to new levels
- US bans Pakistan International Airlines after fake pilot certificates found
PAKISTAN International Airlines (PIA) has been banned from the US because nearly a third of the nation's pilots had fake certificates, reports...
- FAA probes allegations Boeing pressured their designated QC inspectors
THE US Federal Aviation Administration (F) has begun a probe into Boeing after its employees authorised by the government to assess the quality of...
- Global forwarding market adapting to new realities, says UK's Ti research
NEW research from Transport Intelligence (Ti) shows the post-Covid-19 global forwarding market is already emerging
- Optimarin passes IMO and US Coast Guard ballast water treatment tests
BALLAST water treatment (BWT) specialist Optimarin has successfully completed testing of its system in accordance with IMO G8 while upgrading its...
- International Chamber of Shipping makes urgent plea for crew changes
'RED tape and bureaucracy must not be allowed to trap our seafarers or lead to economic problems in your countries,' said International...
- Antwerp boxes up 0.4pc, but volume off 4.9pc to 223,799,781 tonnes
CONTAINER traffic through the Port of Antwerp was up 0
- Kalmar wins mega reachstacker order from Australian logistics firm
CARGOTEC's subsidiary Kalmar has received a significant order for ten Kalmar Eco reachstackers, five empty container handlers and one medium...
- Chinese miners face hurdles as Australia, Canada tensions mount
GREATER scrutiny by mineral-rich Australia and Canada may cut short deals led by China's state miners and limit Beijing's role in gold sector...
- Port Houston to get US$80 million grant for box shop development
PORT Houston is to receive nearly US$80 million from the US Department of Transportation for a project at one of its container terminals
- Asia-Europe up 1.9pc to US$920/TEU, USWC off 4.7pc at $2,783/FEU
SPOT rates for shipping containers from Asia to northern Europe in the week ending last Friday edged up 1
- Ships Hit Smaller Sea Animals More Often than Researchers Thought
New research sheds light on the range of creatures killed and injured by collisions
- Thousands of stranded seafarers seek to go home!
Crews of merchant ships and cruise vessels are stranded aboard ship, with no way to either travel home or even go ashore at the closest port due to...
- Shanghai air cargo rate fall shows signs of slowing on TAC Index
AIR cargo rates declines out of Shanghai have shown signs of stabilising over the last week, reports London's Air Cargo News
- IMF sees rebound in 2021, but with less bounce than it did before
THE International Monetary Fund (IMF), an inter-governmental international lender of last resort, recently downwardly revised its 3
- Port of Wilmington sets record for reefer and docks its biggest ship
NORTH Carolina's Port of Wilmington has been pushing forward with several long-term initiatives while other US ports have been struggling with...
- STM demonstrates the future for e-navigation
With more ships using electronic navigation and digital services, data exchange is becoming critical for sea traffic management and safety
- Costly cargo: The plight of seafarers in a pandemic
Amid the many consequences of the coronavirus pandemic, thousands of seafarers around the world are now locked onboard their ships with expired...
- Macao's air cargo declines 19pc in May to 2,525 tonnes, says DSEC
AIR cargo totalled 2,525 tonnes in May in Macao, a drop of 19pc The gross weight of inward cargo and transit cargo slumped 71
- Fitch Ratings: Vietnam outperforms Asian frontier sovereign countries
VIETNAM is positioned to stand out among Asia's frontier and emerging markets this year in terms of its economic resilience and success in...