CONTAINERSHIP demolition sales have picked up, but scrap prices have fallen 25 per cent this year, reports London's Loadstar
- Box ship demolition increases, but scrap prices have fallen 25pc this year
- Floods in China disrupt Yangtze River cargo flow
PORT operations at Shanghai and Ningbo have been severly disrupted by the nation's worst floods in decades which have led to port closures on the...
- K+N's first-half earnings and net profit decline on coronavirus crisis
SWISS forwarding giant Kuehne + Nagel has posted sharp drops in revenue, earnings, and volumes in the first half of the year brought about by the...
- Help for stranded seafarers!
The government, together with Danish Shipping, the maritime section of the Danish Metalworkers' Union and the Danish Engineers' Association, has...
- Transpacific gets boost prices speedily react to reduced capacity
TRANSPACIFIC gets a much-needed boost as open market physical prices quickly reacted to reduced capacity caused by the pandemic air travel suspension
- South African Treasury helps source SAA funding
SOUTH Africa's Treasury will help source the funding needed to save the country's national airline, the Department of Public Enterprises said
- Cathay Pacific anticipates historic loss of US$1.28 billion due to virus
HONG Kong's flag carrier Cathay Pacific says it expects to incur a substantial loss of HKD9
- Accent on China-Europe ecommerce in Cainiao-Volga-Dnepr collaboration
HANGZHOU's Cainiao Smart Logistics Network has joined Russia's air cargo giant Volga-Dnepr Airline for a new ecommerce route from China to...
- Volvo Buses announces its first Electric Buses into Australia
VOLVO Buses of Gothenburg and the Public Transport Authority of Western Australia (PTA) are partnering to bring Volvo??s first ever Electric Buses to...
- Asia-Europe fell 1.4pc to US$920/TEU, USWC up 4.7pc at $2,794/FEU
SPOT rates for shipping containers from Asia to northern Europe in the week ending last Friday edged up 1
- Turkish Cargo ups market share despite - or because of - Covid-19
TURKISH Cargo claims said it had increased its market share to five per cent from 4
- Major shipowners launch new research centre to decarbonize shipping
A GROUP of shipping industry players have launched the Maersk Mc-Kinney Moller Centre for Zero Carbon Shipping (MCZCS), aimed at developing new fuel...
- LA-Long Beach post double digit declines in first half due to Covid-19
CONTAINER volume through the Port of Los Angeles was down 9
- Reopenings spark US Asian import uptick, but is it a peak season hint?
US Asian imports increased 9
- Saudi Global Ports in Dammam sets new single ship call handling record
SAUDI's King Abdulaziz Port in Dammam has set a new record for any Saudi port on the Persian Gulf by handling 12,691 TEU in a single call,...
- Sailors around the world stranded because of coronavirus pandemic
Globally many thousands of seafarers are stuck on their ships. They cannot go home because of the coronavirus crisis and the situation is creating a...
- Singapore holds top spot as world shipping centre for 7th straight year
THE Baltic Exchange, in collaboration with China's official news agency Xinhua, has published the 2020 Xinhua-Baltic International Shipping...
- Port of Marseille Fos to invest US$64.5 million to promote recovery
THE Port of Marseille Fos posted a 15 per cent year-on-year decline in overall cargo volume in the first half while container throughput fell 17 per...
- Two-way China-Europe rail volume exceeds 50,000 TEU monthly
TWICE the box volume - 52,500 TEU - was posted for the China-Europe rail route in May than the same month the year before by the United Transport and...
- Some Chinese ports are jammed again on intensive testing
CHINA Customs inspectors are taking three times as long to test meat, seafood and other imports for Covid-19, at some major Chinese ports, reports...