ASIA to Europe and the US spot rates surged in the final weeks of last year, on the back of tightening supply and low sulphur surcharges to comply...
- Tighter capacity drives up container spot rates on major trade lanes
- White elephants of yesteryear thrive as international cargo airports
MONTREAL's Mirabel airport is gearing up for some infrastructure improvements, reports London's Air Cargo News
- Carrier groups consider US$2/ton fuel tax to fund emissions R&D
SHIPPING associations representing 90 per cent of the world's merchant fleet have proposed a mandatory global tax of US$2 on every tonne of...
- Envoy: China will uphold trade deal, but wants US to abandon Taiwan
CHINA's ambassador to the United States, Cui Tiankai, said China will honour its phase-one trade commitments, and suggested that the US live up...
- Despite trade war, cargo loss, Long Beach says it still delivers more
DEPENDENCE on the transpacific trade - which means China - the Port of Long Beach has been hit hard by the trade war, says its executive director,...
- CMA CGM, Shell team up to power box ships with marine biofuel
FRENCH shipping giant CMA CGM Group is partnering with Shell to supply tens of thousands of tonnes of marine biofuel to its fleet to allow the...
- China lowers 2020 growth target to 6pc, cranks up state spending
CHINA switches gear to lower economic growth target to six per cent in 2020, down from this year's 6-6
- Pollution from shipping continues as sector remains outside of Paris accord
GREENHOUSE gas emissions from shipping equal the carbon footprint of a quarter of Europe's total passenger car fleet of 68 million cars
- US President to discuss aging airports, traffic control overhaul with aviation experts
US aviation executives will discuss the industry's aging airports and air traffic control reform at an upcoming meet with President Donald Trump
- Biofuels to grow in use to meet IMO rules, and cut carbon emissions
THE International Maritime Organisation's (IMO) introduction of the new low sulphur rule for marine fuel is expected to lift demand for biofuels,...
- KFIC Logistics (Hong Kong ) gets cargo where it wants to go
KFIC Logistics (Hong Kong ) Limited gets cargo where it wants to go in Hong Kong and mainland China with the help of its Chinese partners
- US to tap US$60 billion war chest to beat out Huawei 5G in LDCs
A NEW agency, called the US International Development Finance Corporation (DFC), plans to tap some of its US$60 billion budget to help lesser...
- South Africa will still provide LNG despite environmental opposition
THE founder of an upcoming liquefied natural gas bunkering facility in South Africa is confident the time is right for the use of LNG as an...
- Abu Dhabi's Khalifa Port and KIZAD men stage road show in Brazil
ABU BI's Khalifa Port now has a handling capacity of 2
- London shipbrokers buy stake in Swedish green analytics data firm
THE world's largest privately held shipbroker SSY (Simpson Spence Young), has taken a minority stake in a Swedish maritime analytics company,...
- Trump: 'Pro-Hong Kong protest bill I signed did not help trade talks'
US President Donald Trump said American
- Vietnam may import LNG worth billions to cut trade deficit
A COASTAL commune in Vietnam that is better known for producing dragon fruit could soon become home to a US$5 billion liquefied natural gas project...
- Port of Tanjung Pelepas moves to double box capacity by 2030.
THE Malaysian government wants to expand Port of Tanjung Pelepas' (PTP) capacity from 12
- US 'incredibly assertive', compelling all to enforce Iran sanctions: ICS
AMERICANS are 'incredibly assertive', and willing to use every tool at their disposal against Iran, said Simon Bennett, deputy...
- China to raise penalties on IP theft and facilitate ease of convictions
CHINA said it will raise penalties on violations of intellectual property rights and will consider lowering levels of criminal culpability to...