DUBAI's global port operator DP World suffered a 5
- DP World 1H volume down 5.9pc, against 15pc industry drop
- July air cargo demand stable, but capacity remains constrained by Covid
THE International Air Transport Association (IATA) has reported that global demand, measured in cargo ton kilometres (CTKs), fell by 13
- Pemco delivers world's first B737-700 FlexCombi to Texel Air
BAHRAIN's cargo airline Texel Air has taken delivery of the world's first Boeing 737-700 FlexCombi from conversion firm Pemco
- Slumping port box volumes recall days of 2008-2009 financial crisis
GLOBAL container throughput figures will be down in 2020 - and by a margin comparative only to the global financial crisis of 2008-2009 because of...
- Virgin Atlantic Cargo begins operations between UK and Pakistan
VIRGIN Atlantic Cargo flights between the UK and Pakistan will commence from December after creditors voted in favour of its restructuring plan,...
- Airfreight rates from China on the rise
AIRFREIGHT rates from China to Europe and North America are on the rise, with rates from Shanghai to those destinations up about 10 per cent over the...
- Domestic trade to help growth of Chinese ports
DOMESTIC container shipping will be China ports' growth engine as the pandemic impacts on international trade, according to the China Ports and...
- Cosco Shipping Ports bullish on recovery with HI net profit up 11pc to US$163m
CHINA state-owned Cosco Shipping Ports (CSP) has posted a net profit of US$163
- U-Freight adds second consolidation hub for China-Europe rail service
HONG Kong's U-Freight Group has added a second consolidation centre in Zhengzhou to meet the rising demand for less than container load service,...
- Q3 demand for box shipping forecasts to decline slightly by 0.1pc: analyst
ANALYST Sea-Intelligence says the demand in the third quarter for container shipping is expected to contract by 0
- Swissport gets US$354m funding commitment to cope with virus outbreak
GROUND handler Swissport has received a funding boost as it continues to battle through the difficult trading conditions resulting from the...
- Cochin and Deendayal container ports in India buck downward trend
WITH the coronavirus pandemic continuing to slacken container traffic across all major ports in India during July, Cochin and Deendayal ports bucked...
- Hamburg H1 volume plunges 12.4pc with falling China trade
GERMANY's Port of Hamburg has become the latest victim of the COVID-19 pandemic, reporting a 12
- Agility's H1 net profits plunge 61pc despite increase in airfreight revenue
KUWATI-BASED Agility saw its profits dive in the first half, although its airfreight business performed well
- OOIL H1 profit down 19.4pc to US$102m despite 3.9pc rise in revenue
ORIENT Overseas International Line (OOIL), the parent company of Orient Overseas Container Line (OOCL) and a subsidiary of Cosco, has posted a profit...
- Normality in air cargo still a long way off: WorldACD
WorldACD has said that normality is still a long way off for the air cargo industry, according to its latest data, which shows that the demand side...
- Manila's Asian Terminals' H1 profits plunge 46pc hit by Covid-19
PHILIPPINE stock exchange-listed port operator Asian Terminals Inc (ATI) has seen its profits sink by 46
- July's US import rally not a signal of a rapid recovery in box traffic
THE sharp upswing in demand on transpacific headhaul routes while the US is still in the grip of the pandemic has confounded analysts who had...
- HHLA takes a beating from blank sailings
GERMANY's Hamburger Hafen und Logistik AG (HHLA) has posted significant falls in volume and revenue in the first half of the year brought about...
- Zim like other carriers report profitable Q2 despite slide in volumes
ISRAELI carrier Zim has joined the fleet of major shipping lines reporting impressive second-quarter profits, despite significant volume declines, by...