SHIPOWNERS are facing rising labour costs as Covid restrictions continue to limit the movement of seafarers, reports Bloomberg News
- Seafarers stranded by virus cause big increase in labour costs
- CMA CGM names IT chief after cyber attack as IMO recovers
CMA CGM's eBusiness website remain down one week on from a ransomware attack while the website of the UN's International Maritime...
- Post-Covid lockdown surge results in much Felixstowe congestion
BRITAIN's main container port of Felixstowe suffered trade flow disruption as traffic backed up at the quayside with truckers struggling to cope...
- China's economic rebound lost momentum in September
China's economic rebound showed signs of plateauing in September, weighed down by lackluster home and car sales, a weaker stock market, and...
- LB's new Gerald Desmond Bridge has 33pc more capacity
THE Port of Long Beach replaced the Gerald Desmond Bridge with a structure that will provide 33 per cent more capacity, reports San Gabriel Valley...
- National Airlines calls up three freighters in response to capacity crunch
AMERICA's go-anywhere-anytime carriers National Airlines and National Air Cargo are bringing the first relief materials to cyclone-hit Mozambique
- Insolvent South African Airways suspends operations
OPERATIONS of South African Airways (S) were immediately suspended last week by administrators in charge of the struggling airline, reports...
- Drewry Container Port Throughput Index for July bounces back
THE Drewry Container Port Throughput Index for July bounced back strongly, crossing 130 points for the first time in 2020, reported the American...
- Transpacific carriers add extra loaders as US west coast imports soar
TRANSPACIFIC ocean carriers have deployed extra loaders in response to peak season demand and record container spot rates, reports London's...
- Maersk levies LA-LB congestion charge in peak season assessment
MAERSK is to levy an LA-Long Beach Port Congestion Fee to recover costs from a surge of import volumes and their impact on processing capacity...
- China's weekly export container shipping index increases 1.5pc
CHINA's index of export container transport went up in the past week, according to the Shanghai Shipping Exchange, reports Xinhua
- Turkish Cargo grabs market share in H1 with 'special operations'
ISTANBUL's Turkish Cargo increased its market share in the first half of the year on the back of its 'special cargo operations'
- Qatar Airways posts US$1.9 billion net loss as revenues rise 6.4pc
QATAR Airways posted a net loss of QAR7 billion (US$1
- CEVA expands in Thailand with new station at Laem Chabang
IN a move to boost its ocean freight management capabilities in Asia, CEVA Logistics in Thailand has set up a new ocean branch in Laem Chabang, the...
- Maersk calls for state aid as stranded sailors rise to 400,000
Maersk is calling to resolve a labour crisis that has stranded 400,000 workers on ships, reports Bloomberg
- China's America, Europe trade value slips 4.1 to 2.4pc in 2020
CHINA's export trade value with North America in the first eight months of the year fell 4
- JAL and Matternet link up on drones for medical gear delivery
TOKYO-BASED Japan Airlines (JAL) has signed a memorandum of understanding with California-based drone maker Matternet to explore medical delivery...
- ACI Maritime Crew Management Conference in London October 21
ACI's 27th Maritime HR & Crew Management Conference will be held in London on October 21 and 22
- China adds three areas to its expanding list of free trade zones
CHINA has decided to set up three new free trade zones (FTZs) as part of efforts to attract foreign investment and boost trade, reports Caixin
- Annual peak air cargo season at full tilt all the way to Christmas
THE peak season is in full swing for international air freight when shippers pay more for less, reports New York's FreightWaves