FITCH rating agency is forecasting a gloomy outlook for global shipping in 2020 on the back of slowing global economic growth, trade tensions and...
- Negative shipping outlook for 2020 due to slow growth, trade rows
- Crude price falls as Trump signals long wait for US-China trade deal
OIL slipped below US$56 a barrel US President Donald Trump said there may be a long wait for a trade agreement with China, reported Bloomberg
- Container lines to grow organically following consolidation wave: DNV GL
THE director of business development and executive vice president of DNV GL, Jan Olaf Probst, has said that the current ecosystem in the container...
- Ex-Maersk COO Soren Toft rumoured to be joining MSC
RUMOURS of a management shake-up in Mediterranean Shipping Company (MSC) and that Maersk former executive vice present and chief opearting officer...
- Carriers failed to benefit from demand growth on Asia-Europe trades
HEAUL demand on the Asia-North Europe trade lane rose by 5
- Signs of manufacturing migration following US tariffs on China
THERE is growing evidence that some US companies are heeding to US President Trump's demand for them to 'immediately start looking for an...
- Airbus, EU warn of dire consequences if US imposes WTO tariffs
AIRBUS has warned that if the US exercises its right under WTO rules to impose US$7
- Greater vetting is required to stop misdeclared cargo posing fire risk on box ships
WITH the carrying capacity of containerships now reaching the 24,000 TEU mark, extinguishing fires on board is becoming ever more difficult
- Governments need to do more to enforce regulatory compliance: Insurers
GOVERNMENTS need to do more to do more to enforce compliance with maritime regulations, according to a leading marine insurance expert
- AP: China's exports to US shrink 16pc as trade war intensifies
CHINA's trade with the US is falling as imports of American goods dropped 22 per cent year on year in August to US$10
- World's largest box ship, MSC Gulsun, completes maiden voyage
MEDITERRANEAN Shipping Company (MSC) has revised upwards the official capacity of its new mega ship, MSC Gulsun, by adding on an extra 805 TEU,...
- Ocean shipping will be able to ride out a global recession: report
SIGNS of an impending global recession are piling up with a world map littered with potential economic and geopolitical crises
- UK seeks company to maintain critical medical supplies if there's 'no-deal Brexit'
THE UK has put out for bidding a GBP25 million (US$30 million) contract for 'express freight capability' in order to maintain the supply of...
- Trump's cheap drug import plan hits brick wall, pharma would be hurt
BECAUSE of Canadians' liberal use of generic drugs has driven down prices of American brand name drugs retailed in Canada, Americans cross the...
- Prepare fuel tanks to meet IMO 2020, says Intertek's technical chief
MYSTERY will continue to shroud the availability of quality and stable compliant 0
- UK-flagged ships consider switching registration to avoid seizure in Gulf
HEIGHTENED security and safety risks in the Persian Gulf has prompted some owners and operators of UK-flagged vessels to contemplate changing flag...
- Leisure Cargo files for bankruptcy after loss of big customer
GERMAN GSA Leisure Cargo, that had once had 14 leisure airline customers, has filed for bankruptcy following the loss of a major contract with TUI to...
- Smaller coastal ships suited as drones, but not big box ships
AUTONOMOUS shipping appears to be making progress with smaller coastal vessels, but experience with containerships shows, innovation and technology...
- Two HK Airlines directors seek US$12.2 million in damages in lawsuit
TWO directors of troubled Hong Kong Airlines have applied to the Hong Kong High Court demanding HK$95 million (US$12
- New accounting rules expose container shipping's debt dilemma
CONTAINERSHIP leases can no longer be recorded as operating costs and must be noted on the balance sheet under new accounting rules which came into...