AMERICAN e-commerce giant Amazon has rapidly increased its air cargo business in recent months while the airline industry may be reeling from the...
- Amazon expands air fleet, narrowing gap with UPS and FedEx
- This new technology can save whales from ship collisions
A newly developed tool uses AI, a mobile app and big data to help mariners avoid whale strikes.
- Warning on Xmas shipments, airfreight capacity crunch push e-commerce to sea
FLORIDA-BASED parcel delivery network for Latin America SkyPostal has sounded an alarm for disappointments at Christmas
- Cathay flew 98.8pc fewer passengers and 36.7pc less cargo in August
HONG Kong's Cathay Pacific and Cathay Dragon carried a total of 102,122 tonnes of cargo and mail in August, a decrease of 36
- Mumbai's Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust on the mend from Covid crisis
EASING health restrictions has eased the decline in cargo volume at Mumbai's Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust (JNPT) from 35 per cent in the initial...
- HK Civil Aviation Department deploys Aireon's eye in the sky
THE Civil Aviation Department (CAD) of the Government of the Hong Kong's air navigation service provider (ANSP) has selected Aireon, of Mclean,...
- Lome emerges as top transshipment port to Sahel region.
TOGO's Port of Lome has emerged as the top transshipment centre for goods coming and going to and from Sahel countries in the northern regions of...
- India's major box port volumes increased 17.4pc in July
INDIA's container volumes through the country's ports continued to rise in July, albeit slightly, reports New Delhi's Financial Express
- 747 cargo plane squawks standby for trouble approaching Glasgow
A BOEING 747-8R7 cargo plane from Seattle sent out an emergency 'Squawk 7700' over the Atlantic as it approached Glasgow Prestwick Airport...
- Tangier Med Port bucks trend as box volume rises 22pc in first half
MOROCCO's Tangier Med Port ended the first half of 2020 with positive economic indicators, posting a two per cent increase in revenue to MAD1
- CMA CGM profit up 26.3pc to US$1.2 billion as sales fall 9pc
FRENCH shipping giant CMA CGM's second quarter operating profit increased 26
- Boeing lets EVA drop 10 Dreamliners for three 777Fs instead
TAIWAN's Evergreen Airways (EVA Air), a Taiwa has reportedly reached an agreement with Boeing to change seven 787-10 on-order Dreamliners to...
- Association of Asia Pacific Airlines reports July cargo demand stablises
THE Association of Asia Pacific Airlines (PA) reported a stable air cargo demand in July, reports London's Air Cargo News
- Hutchison sets up US$730 million box terminal with Egyptian Navy
HONG KONG'S Hutchison Ports has signed of an agreement with the Egyptian Navy to build and operate a US$730 million container terminal in Abu...
- Finnair to cut 1,000 jobs as Covid-19 crisis rips through its business
FINNISH flag carrier Finnair plans to eliminate 15 per cent its workforce and push through deeper cost cuts in an effort to survive one of the worst...
- North American weekly rail traffic down 12pc, intermodal off 11pc
NORTH American rail volume for the week ending August 22 on 12 reporting US, Canadian and Mexican railways totalled 320,649 carloads, down 12
- Hutchison Ports to build US$730m container terminal in Egypt
HONG Kong's Hutchison Ports, the world's leading port investor, developer and operator, has signed a long-term agreement with the Egyptian...
- Greeks Save 96 Migrants From Sinking Yacht!
Greece is reporting what it is calling “the largest and most successful search and rescue operation on record in the Aegean Sea,” carried out...
- U-Freight adds second consolidation hub for China-Europe rail service
HONG Kong's U-Freight Group has added a second consolidation centre in Zhengzhou to meet the rising demand for less than container load service,...
- Cochin and Deendayal container ports in India buck downward trend
WITH the coronavirus pandemic continuing to slacken container traffic across all major ports in India during July, Cochin and Deendayal ports bucked...