GERMAN container shipping line Hapag-Lloyd has sold seven 9,326 TEU container ships to China's Bank of Communications Financial Leasing (Bocomm...
- Hapag-Lloyd sells 7 ships in leaseback deal to increase liquidity
- Seaspan spends US$146m in cash for a pair of secondhand 13,000-TEUers
SEASPAN Corporation, a subsidiary of Atlas, has acquired two secondhand containerships for approximately US$146 million in cash in a deal backed by...
- US box imports slide 10pc in June, better performance by west coast ports
UNLIKE the trend of the past year, US west coast ports fared better in comparison with their east and Gulf coast gateway rivals last month, recording...
- CMA CGM levies rate hike peak season surcharge in August
FRENCH shipping giant CMA CGM will levy a Peak Season Surcharge of US$150 per TEU from August 1, but not beyond August 31
- Tianjin Port inks deal with Cosco to become regional port hub
THE port of Tianjin in north east China is set to boost its volumes following an agreement with Cosco to create a regional port hub
- Yang Ming to boost fleet with three new 11,500 TEU vessels
TAIWAN-BASED Yang Ming is to expand its fleet with three 11,500 TEU ships being built by Japan's largest shipyard
- CONCOR announces a first quarter profit decline of 21pc US$4.6 billion
CONTAINER Corporation of India (CONCOR) announced that its output volumes declined 21 per cent to 732,711 TEU in the financial year's first...
- Box ship demolition increases, but scrap prices have fallen 25pc this year
CONTAINERSHIP demolition sales have picked up, but scrap prices have fallen 25 per cent this year, reports London's Loadstar
- Floods in China disrupt Yangtze River cargo flow
PORT operations at Shanghai and Ningbo have been severly disrupted by the nation's worst floods in decades which have led to port closures on the...
- K+N's first-half earnings and net profit decline on coronavirus crisis
SWISS forwarding giant Kuehne + Nagel has posted sharp drops in revenue, earnings, and volumes in the first half of the year brought about by the...
- Eastbound Euro-China rail freight on the increase, rivals air cargo
EASTBOUND Silk Road rail freight increased 44 per cent in May as forwarders capitalised on 'heavy' demand with new block-train services from...
- Port of Virginia's FY2020 box volumes down 6.2pc handling 2.8m TEU
THE Port of Virginia's cargo volume was off by more than 181,000 TEU in fiscal year 2020, with the decrease attributable to the trade tariffs...
- Trans China Railway unites lines to feed China-EU block trains
CHINESE railways, that span much of the vast interior of the country, have combined into a national network called the Trans China Railway (TCR)
- Hamad Port's Container Terminal 2 to be operational by year-end
CONTAINER Terminal 2 (CT2) at Hamad Port is scheduled to start operations by the end of fourth quarter of this year, according to QTerminals, that...
- GPA's Savannah now ranks as top port in US for agriculture exports
THE proximity to major producers, direct access via road and rail, broad global network has enabled the Port of Savannah to become the top port in...
- Asia-Europe fell 1.4pc to US$920/TEU, USWC up 4.7pc at $2,794/FEU
SPOT rates for shipping containers from Asia to northern Europe in the week ending last Friday edged up 1
- Kenya's China-built Mombasa-Nairobi railway moves 207,000 TEU in 2020
FREIGHT trains have continued to operate despite disruptions on the economy by Covid-19 moving 207,000 TEU the 300 miles between the Port of Mombasa...
- LA-Long Beach post double digit declines in first half due to Covid-19
CONTAINER volume through the Port of Los Angeles was down 9
- China-Europe freight trains continue to increase by nearly a third
RAIL freight between China and Europe has increased by nearly a third compared to 2020, according to the state-run China Global Television Network
- Reopenings spark US Asian import uptick, but is it a peak season hint?
US Asian imports increased 9