THE world's fourth largest container shipping line by market share, CMA CGM, has said cargo traffic at major Chinese ports is recovering after...
- Chinese ports enter coronavirus recovery phase: CMA CGM
- Fertiliser could be used to fuel ships if zero CO2-emitting ammonia is produced
OCEAN-GOING ships could be fuelled by ammonia within the next decade in a bid to cut greenhouse gas emissions
- Toyota invests US$400 million in Pony.ai to expedite driverless technology
JAPAN's Toyota has invested US$400 million in Chinese start-up Pony
- DHL Express to take delivery of six new Boeing 777 freighters in 2020
DHL Express is receiving six new Boeing 777-200 freighters this year
- Navis acquires Biarri Rail to improve the operation of freight networks
CARGOTEC's Navis is to acquire the assets of Biarri Rail, a global provider of planning and scheduling optimisation software for freight railways
- CEVA Logistics starts electric vehicle road trials in London
CEVA Logistics in the UK is using its urban distribution hub in Dartford, Kent to undertake an electric vehicle trial for lorries delivering into...
- Sri Lanka signs agreement to build new harbour at Colombo's North Port
THE Sri Lanka Ports Authority (SLPA) will conduct a feasibility study into the development of the Colombo North Port, as it looks to substantially...
- Big 4 European carriers plan to tackle greenhouse gas emissions
MAERSK, CMA CGM, Mediterranean Shipping Company (MSC) and Hapag-Lloyd aim to team up to accelerate progress with the decarbonisation of ocean...
- Hawaiian cuts fuel burn flying optimum altitudes, taxiing on one engine
HAWAIIAN Airlines has managed to lower its annual jet fuel burn, despite geographical challenges, which result in additional obstacles to biofuel...
- Shanghai No 1 box port with Singapore as No 2 and Shenzhen as No 3
CHINA boasts seven of the 10 busiest container ports in the world with Shanghai coming in as No 1, Singapore and Shenzhen coming in as No 2 and No 3,...
- Scrubbers investment expected to have 18-month payback for megas
SOME 2,753 vessels, totalling 328
- Hutchison Port Holdings Trust appoints Fong Chi Wai Alex as director
SINGAPORE-LISTED Hutchison Port Holdings Trust (HPH Trust) has announced the appointment of Fong Chi Wai Alex, 63, as independent non-executive...
- CMA CGM and Energy Observer to try out hydrogen-powered ship
FRENCH shipping giant CMA CGM will join the team of the Energy Observer, the first hydrogen-powered vessel to soon embark on a round-the-world...
- Canada to back ban on heavy fuel oil in Arctic at IMO meeting in London
CANADA will support a ban on scrubbers in the course of lobbying for a ban on the use of heavy fuel oil by ships plying Arctic waters when the...
- Huawei's racketeering charge in US will slow its 5G global penetration
THE US has charged Shenzhen's Huawei Technologies with new racketeering offences, that is intellectual property theft, reported Caixin
- Expert Arctic shipping conference to be held in Montreal March 11-12
THE 16th Arctic Shipping Summit will take place in Novotel Montreal, 1180 Mountain Street, from March 11-12 where experts will gather to discuss...
- Shipping can overcome obstacles to digitalisation, conference hears
THE level of technology being fitted into vessels now exceeds any seafarer training, according to former ship's engineer Bernard Twomey, who told...
- Dublin Port Company reports 2019 growth of 3.6pc to 1.5 million unitised units
The Dublin Port Company has reported a growth in unitised volumes of 3
- New York/New Jersey port tops Long Beach for loaded containers
THE port of New York and New Jersey has become the second busiest container port in terms of loaded container volumes, pushing the port of Long Beach...
- Georgia to expand Savannah box terminal by 1m TEU through land acquisition
THE Georgia Ports Authority has acquired 145 acres of land to expand the port of Savannah by one million TEU in annual capacity