THE UK government may be forced to close state-owned Glasgow Prestwick airport, Scotland's fourth-largest, after the deadline for its proposed...
- Scottish air cargo airport goes under the hammer but sales talks stall
- US retail imports surge in November to beat December's proposed tariffs
MAJOR container ports in the US in November recorded a surge in volumes as retailers imported merchandise ahead of new tariffs set to take effect...
- UPS plans US$110m expansion at Anchorage airport
PACKAGE delivery giant UPS has confirmed it's planning a potential US$110 million expansion at Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport, the...
- AIR cargo volumes in Africa surged 12.6 pc in October, outperforming rest of world
ACCORDING to data compiled by the International Air Transport Association (IATA), globally airfreight volumes dropped by 3
- Ship operating costs spike on repair maintenance, insurance
SHIP operating costs are forecast to increase at a similar pace next year on the 'hardening' of the insurance market before falling in...
- Dredging increases Hamburg container volumes 7pc over 9 months
HAMBURG port's container throughput rose by 6
- TIACA foresees slowdown in air cargo market continuing until 2nd half of 2020
THE International Air Cargo Association (TIACA) is warning that the air cargo industry will not experience a peak season on any major trades this...
- Capacity to be expanded at Portugal's Port of Sines to handle 7m TEU
PORTUGAL's Port of Sines is to see its container handling capacity surge with an agreement finalised for the enlargement of its existing...
- Container freight rates rise in the run up to new IMO 2020 low sulphur fuel rule
CONTAINER spot freight rates on mainline Asia-Europe and trans-Pacific services surged by 12-30 per cent at the end of October after shipping lines...
- Swine flu pushes China's meat imports up to record levels
CHINA's meat imports are expected to hit a record five million tonnes in 2019 and increase even more next year, according to vice director Wang...
- Port tracker expects US import cargo surge before China tariffs bite
IMPORTS through America's leading retail ports are expected to see their final surge of the year this month ahead of new tariffs set to take...
- GDP in US increases 1.9pc in Q3 as consumer spending rises 2.9pc
GROSS domestic product in the US rose at an annual rate of 1
- Cosco Holdings profit slips 0.7pc to US$192.3 million, but sales up 7pc
COSCO SHIPPING Holdings third quarter net profit slipped 0
- Shipping costs will eat into Amazon's profits with more pain to come
- Singapore's Tamasek makes US$3b takeover offer for offshore rig builder Keppel
SINGAPORE Government-owned Temasek Holdings has made a SGD4
- K+N's Q3 turnover dips slightly but EBIT surges 16pc to US$282m
KUEHNE + NAGEL's third-quarter earnings before interest and tax (EBIT) stood at CHF283 million (US$287
- Port of New Orleans is connected to the city's public belt railroad
THE majority of the work required to integrate the New Orleans Public Belt Railroad into the port of New Orleans has been completed
- Asia-Europe rate off slightly to US$580/TEU, USWC surge 4.2pc at $1,368/FEU
SPOT rates for shipping containers from Asia to northern Europe in the week ending Friday recorded only a slight decline to US$580 per TEU
- US sanctions on China's Cosco hits supply of IMO-compliant low sulphur marine fuel
HIGHLY sought after types of oil best suited to meeting the International Maritime Organization's mandate that caps the sulphur content of marine...
- Forwarders foresee a slower peak season for air freight markets
THE likelihood of this year's peak season being weak means that freight forwarders do not anticipate that air freight capacity shortages will...