HONG KONG's Cathay Pacific Dragon Group reported that cargo volume in February fell 9
- Cathay Group cargo decreases 9.6pc in February - 9.2pc in 2020
- US hoarding and restocking ripples through supply chains on virus fears
AMERICAN consumers, fearing the coronavirus, have begun panic buying causing ripples up the supply chain, reports New York's FreightWaves
- Cargo traffic surges at Nigerian ports after Benin border closes
NIGERIA's big container terminal is expanding operations to deal with a sharp rise in traffic since the government closed the border with Benin...
- Things picking up in China as ship calls return to previous levels
THERE are signs that shipping operations in China are returning to normal, according to figures from Lloyd's List Intelligence, which show the...
- DP World's 2019 profits tumble 8.3pc to US$1.2b after acquisitions
DUBAI's global port operator DP World suffered an 8
- Intra-Asia airfreight rates surge; China to Europe/US prices are rising
THE TAC Index shows that airfreight rates on trade routes between China and Singapore, and from China to Korea have jumped over the past few weeks,...
- Airfreight rates to hit US$10/kg; more rises as demand surges
FORWARDERS are anticipating ad hoc airfreight rates of US$10 per kilogramme, as shippers become desperate to release goods from China with little or...
- Box volume at LA port plunges 23pc in Feb amid coronavirus scare
THE Port of Los Angeles, the busiest port in the US by both container volume and cargo value, has experienced a significant decline in cargo movement...
- Cathay offers cargo only passenger flights as China airfreight rates surge
AIRFREIGHT rates from China increased rapidly last week as demand from China begins to ramp up but spare capacity remains tight
- Air cargo demand falls 9pc in Feb due to coronavirus: CLIVE Data
RESEARCH by CLIVE Data Services shows that global air cargo volumes for February are nine per cent below the level seen in 2019, mainly due to the...
- Salalah port sees box volumes grow 21pc to new high of 4.1m TEU
THE cyclone Mekunu-ravaged port of Salalah pulled off an impressive recovery in 2019 with container throughput rising to a record 4
- Major US ports see container traffic shrink in January
THE US-China trade war, the prolonged Lunar New Year factory shutdown combined with the coronavirus outbreak worldwide squeezed container volumes at...
- Coronavirus to cost container shipping industry US$1.7bn in lost revenue
THE global shipping industry risks losing an estimated US$1
- Atlas reports stronger shipper demand in Q2 despite Convid-19
PRESIDENT and CEO of Atlas Air Worldwide John Dietrich says shippers and forwarders are looking to airfreight as a stable mode of transportation into...
- Nairobi depot surges 62pc to 418,830 TEU as Mombasa ups capacity
CARGO volumes handled at the Inland Container Deport-Nairobi (ICDN) rose by 62
- China, North American trade deals cut risks of recession, says Fed
AMERICA's China trade deal, plus the free trade pact with Mexico and Canada has 'helped reduce downside risks and buoys business...
- Maersk loses US$44m in 2019 despite flat liftings of 26.6m TEU
THE Maersk Group lost US$61 million in the fourth quarter of 2019, leading to an overall net loss of $44 million last year
- Deepsea container volumes grew 1pc to 169 million TEU in 2019: CTS
CONTAINER Trades Statistics (CTS) has calculated that containerised cargo transported over deepsea routes swelled to 169 million TEU in 2019, an...
- Air-sea freight combination could ease virus-struck air cargo capacity squeeze
AIR and sea combined transportation solutions could help ease air freight capacity shortages and take the lid off freight rate spikes, as factories...
- CSafe expands pharma container repair centre at Incheon
PHARMA ULD-firm CSafe Global has expanded its container service centre facility at Incheon International Airport (ICN) to accommodate the growing...