SPOT rates for shipping containers from Asia to northern Europe in the week ending Friday increased by 5
- Asia-Europe rates up 5.7pc to US$944/TEU, USWC slip 2pc at $1,342/FEU
- Hapag-Lloyd's profits soar in first 9 months of the year
HAPAG-LLOYD's earnings before interest and taxes (EBIT) in the first nine months of the year soared 115 per cent to EUR643 million (US$722...
- Asia-Europe up 3.1pc to US$729/TEU, USWC off 3.5pc to $1,532/FEU
SPOT rates for shipping containers from Asia to northern Europe in the week ending Friday soared 3
- Westports Q3 profit up 11.9pc to US$38 million as revenues rise 10.3pc
MALAYSIA's Westports Holdings third quarter net profit increased 11
- Macao's September land container cargo soars 36.7pc to 2,213 tonnes
THE weight of containerised overland cargo to Macao by land in September increased 36
- Asia-Europe soars 19pc to US$707/TEU, USWC up 17pc to $1,588/FEU
SPOT rates for shipping containers from Asia to northern Europe in the week ending Friday soared 19 per cent to US$707 per TEU
- Hapag-Lloyd levies IMO 2020 surcharge December 1 as fuel costs soar
GERMAN shipping giant Hapag-Lloyd will levy an IMO 2020 Transition Charge for short-term contracts from December 1 to mitigate the United Nations...
- Alaska Airlines' cargo quarterly profit soars 48.4pc despite market volatility
SEATTLE's Alaska Airlines third quarter net profit increased 48
- US sanctions on China's Cosco hits supply of IMO-compliant low sulphur marine fuel
HIGHLY sought after types of oil best suited to meeting the International Maritime Organization's mandate that caps the sulphur content of marine...
- Box ship charter rate boom peters out: Alphaliner
THE scrubber-charged spike in containership charter rates could be coming to an end, according to Alphaliner, adding that ocean carriers are...
- Owners dictate terms as ships head for retrofit ahead of IMO 2020
AVERAGE daily charter hire rates has soared 40 per cent since January while Shanghai Containerised Freight Index (SCFI) spot rates plunged 25 per...
- Concern grows over short supply of reefer boxes as China demand soars
CONCERN is mounting over a shortage of reefer containers at a time when 60,000 are being ordered while 140,000 are needed, reports London's...
- Fuel prices to increase in wake of attack on Saudi Arabia's oil refinery
THE drone attack on Saudi Arabia's Abqaiq oil refinery is likely to push up fuel prices for shippers as container lines are expected to pass on...
- China's swine flu loss is South America's gain as beef export volumes soar
CHINA is expected to increase Uruguayan beef imports through the end of 2020 as it copes with African swine fever, says Uruguay's biggest...
- US retail imports surge again ahead of more tariffs as inventories soar
IMPORTS through US major ports reached unusually high numbers just before new tariffs on goods from China took effect September 1 and are expected to...
- Costs to soar as BAFs pile on with IMO 2020 looming: Drewry
CONTAINER shipping costs will soar later this year as bunker adjustment factors (BAF) pile on to cope with the mandatory use of new low-sulphur fuel...
- Macau cross-border motor traffic up 9.4pc in July to 454,059 trips
CROSS-BORDER vehicular traffic in July increased 9
- Cosco Shipping back in black with US$205 million profit as sales soar 53pc
COSCO Shipping Holdings' reversed itself from a first half a loss of US$35
- Asia-Europe rates dip 4.5pc to US$757/TEU, USWC soars 25.6pc to $1,615/FEU
SPOT rates for shipping containers from Asia to northern Europe in the week ending Friday fell a further 4
- Vietnam's container throughput hits a record 12.93m TEU in 2018
PORTS in Vietnam handled a record total of 12,930,071 TEU in 2018, representing growth of eight per cent compared to 2017, data from the Vietnam...