CASUALTIES rose to 135 dead and 5,000 injured yesterday in an ammonium nitrate explosion in cargo from the 3,226-dwt Maldova-flagged general cargo...
- Casualties mount as Beirut blast linked to small arrested cargo ship
- Air cargo market 'exceptionally challenging' despite improvement in June
THE latest IATA statistics show that there are some signs of improvement in the decline in airfreight traffic in June, but business remains...
- Sinokor turns to Chinese shipyard for four more box ships
SOUTH Korean owner Sinokor has returned to China State Shipbuilding Corporation's (CSSC) subsidiary Huangpu Wenchong Shipbuilding in Guangzhou to...
- Ethiopian B777 freighter damaged in Shanghai blaze
AN Ethiopian Airlines Boeing 777 freighter caught fire at Shanghai Pudong airport while cargo was being loaded
- Airfreight rates tick up as passenger-freighters depart from the market
Airfreight rates have increased after the declines of the past weeks, with forwarders reporting further increases on the way
- Port of Helsinki receives five million euros of investment aid from the EU
The Port of Helsinki Ltd has received financial support from the EU for the Helsinki port investment projects on the Helsinki–Tallinn and...
- Singapore holds top spot as world shipping centre for 7th straight year
THE Baltic Exchange, in collaboration with China's official news agency Xinhua, has published the 2020 Xinhua-Baltic International Shipping...
- Air freight rates rise to pre-Covid level as fuel prices increase to new levels
AIR freight rates have returned to mid-March levels as jet fuel prices continue to rise, according to London's Loadstar
- Global forwarding market adapting to new realities, says UK's Ti research
NEW research from Transport Intelligence (Ti) shows the post-Covid-19 global forwarding market is already emerging
- LNG drives Northern Sea Route H1 transits up 1.1pc to 14.5 million tonnes
SHIPMENTS on the Northern Sea Route increased 1
- Shanghai air cargo rate fall shows signs of slowing on TAC Index
AIR cargo rates declines out of Shanghai have shown signs of stabilising over the last week, reports London's Air Cargo News
- Melbourne moves from 4,500-TEUers to 10,662-TEU CMA CGM Ural
THE Port of Melbourne has docked its biggest box ship ever - the 10,662-TEU Ural, reports the UK's Port Strategy
- Melbourne welcomes largest capacity box ship to call at the port
THE Port of Melbourne (PoM) played host to the 10,662 TEU CMA CGM Ural, the largest container ship by maximum capacity to call at the port
- Cautious optimism as air cargo volumes improve in May
FOLLOWING the extreme Covid-19 impact on air cargo volumes in the month of April, the air cargo market has shown some signs of improvement in May...
- APL England heads for Chinese repair yard after losing 50 boxes
SINGAPORE-FLAGGED 5,780 TEU APL England that lost 50 boxes off the coast of Australia has been allowed to leave Brisbane, heading for a Chinese...
- US$23 billion loss risked 'if box carriers lose rate control'
IN planning their container shipment bookings for the third quarter, shippers and forwarders can expect a new wave of blanking announcements over the...
- Nearly half the major ports see drop in box ship calls: IAPH report
SOME forty-five per cent of ports have reported that the number of containership calls have fallen by between five per cent and 25 per cent compared...
- International May air cargo volumes rise, but slip in second fortnight
GLOBAL air cargo data for May supports the continued small recovery of volumes, but a fall in demand in the second fortnight signals challenging...
- Airfreight rates on key trades decline for third consecutive week
AIRFREIGHT rates out of Shanghai continued on a downward trajectory last week as air cargo capacity on key routes remained steady, according to the...
- Transatlantic capacity dearth disrupts operations of parcel shippers
US package shippers continue to face disruption on the transatlantic trade lane as the US Postal Service (USPS) battles against the air cargo...