FRENCH shipping giant CMA CGM will increase rates US$500 per TEU from September 14 from Taiwan and mainland China to West Africa
- CMA CGM ups rate US$500/TEU from Asia to West Africa September 14
- A-E rate up 10pc to US$1,029/TEU, USWC up 5.8pc to $3,639/FEU
SPOT rates for shipping containers from Asia to northern Europe in the week ending Friday rose 10 per cent to US$1,029 per TEU
- Milestone with SANMAR's technical delivery of new rastar 3200sx tugs!
Another milestone for Orkney Island Council and SANMAR with technical delivery of new rastar 3200sx tugs!
- Airfreight rates from China on the rise
AIRFREIGHT rates from China to Europe and North America are on the rise, with rates from Shanghai to those destinations up about 10 per cent over the...
- Virgin Atlantic Cargo expands in Italy as creditors support airline rescue plan
VIRGIN Atlantic Cargo has added Milan as a destination in its network, offering twice-weekly service between London Heathrow and Milan Malpensa...
- Euroseas receives US$7.6m for three of its eldest vessels sold for scrap
NASDAQ-LISTED Greek box ship owner Euroseas has sold three of its eldest vessels for scrap for a total of around US$7
- New box terminal proposed for Louisiana's Plaquemines Port
PLAQUEMINES Port Harbour has announced an initial agreement for a new container terminal in Plaquemines Parish in Louisiana, United States
- Box ships surpass tankers with fitted scrubbers: BIMCO
CONTAINERSHIPS with a total cargo carrying capacity of 5
- DSME and KSOE merger gets the nod from Singapore's competition authority
The Competition and Consumer Commission of Singapore (CCCS) has cleared the proposed merger between two South Korean shipyards, Korea Shipbuilding &...
- Domestic trade to help growth of Chinese ports
DOMESTIC container shipping will be China ports' growth engine as the pandemic impacts on international trade, according to the China Ports and...
- Cosco Shipping Ports bullish on recovery with HI net profit up 11pc to US$163m
CHINA state-owned Cosco Shipping Ports (CSP) has posted a net profit of US$163
- U.S. targets Chinese individuals, companies!
The United States on Wednesday blacklisted 24 Chinese companies and targeted individuals it said were part of construction and military actions in...
- Greeks Save 96 Migrants From Sinking Yacht!
Greece is reporting what it is calling “the largest and most successful search and rescue operation on record in the Aegean Sea,” carried out...
- U-Freight adds second consolidation hub for China-Europe rail service
HONG Kong's U-Freight Group has added a second consolidation centre in Zhengzhou to meet the rising demand for less than container load service,...
- Swire Shipping takes delivery of second 2,400 TEU containership
SWIRE Shipping, the liner division of Singapore-headquartered China Navigation Company (CNCo), has taken delivery of its second 2,400 TEU newbuild...
- Q3 demand for box shipping forecasts to decline slightly by 0.1pc: analyst
ANALYST Sea-Intelligence says the demand in the third quarter for container shipping is expected to contract by 0
- ONE launches South Korea-Far East Russian shuttle service
JAPAN's Singapore-headquartered Ocean Network Express (ONE) is to launch a new shuttle service connecting two Far East Russian ports, Vladivostok...
- OCCL boosts services between China and South-East Asia
HONG Kong's Orient Overseas Container Line (OOCL) and a subsidiary of Cosco is to strengthen its China to South-East Asia service network by...
- Idle box ship volume falls below 1m TEU for first time this year
THE latest survey by Aplphaliner shows that some 90 containerships, equating to over 600,000 TEU of capacity, have found employment in the past month...
- The nuclear option for shipping
Finding a ‘magic bullet’ that will provide shipping with dramatically reduced GHG and CO2 emissions, looks like a long and tortuous road, as...