ALIBABA's logistics arm Cainiao is to partner BEST Inc, a leading integrated smart supply chain solutions and logistics services provider from...
- Cainiao links up with BEST to boost China-Malaysia e-commerce services
- China and Greece commit to joint work on Belt and Road Initiative
CHINA and Greece have pledged to further develop relations between the two countries and jointly work on the Belt and Road Initiative (BRI)
- Fujian launches six shipping services to Europe and Asia
SIX new services linking the ports of Xiamen and Fuzhou in Fujian, China with Asia and Europe have been launched as part of the Silk Road Maritime...
- How rescuing drowning migrants became a crime!
The Iuventa ran hundreds of missions to save migrants from drowning off the coast of Libya. But after Europe cracked down on migration, its crew...
- Seafarers are facing a Covid-driven humanitarian crisis!
Thousands of mariners are unable to sign off from their ships, causing considerable mental agony to them and their families
- Box throughput at eight major Chinese ports up 7pc in early September
STATISTICS released by China Ports and Harbours Association show that container volume at eight major Chinese ports increased 7
- Ship banned for AUD $118,000 in unpaid crew wages
The Australian Maritime Safety Authority (AMSA) has today banned the Panama-flagged bulk carrier AC Sesoda for deliberately underpaying its crew by...
- Viking ship runs aground off Finland, all passengers evacuated!
A ferry operated by Finnish company Viking Line has run aground in the Åland Islands waters between Finland and Sweden, Finnish authorities said.
- Starlux Airlines utilises IBS Software's iCargo platform
TAIWAN-BASED Starlux Airlines has deployed IBS Software's iCargo platform as it prepares to expand operations
- DP World collaborates with Israeli firm in bid for Haifa Port
DUBAI's DP World is partnering with an Israeli group to bid for one of Israel's two main ports and to examine opening a direct shipping line...
- CP and Maersk to build world-class logistics facility in Vancouver
CANADIAN Pacific Railway Limited (CP) and Danish shipping giant Maersk have reached an agreement to build and operate a world-class transload and...
- OOCL cancels Asia-Europe sailings due to low demand after National Day holidays
HONG Kong's Orient Overseas Container Line (OOCL), now a Cosco unit, has announced Asia-Europe sailing cancellations over the next two months
- This new technology can save whales from ship collisions
A newly developed tool uses AI, a mobile app and big data to help mariners avoid whale strikes.
- 127 stranded Filipino seafarers await repatriation!
- Warning on Xmas shipments, airfreight capacity crunch push e-commerce to sea
FLORIDA-BASED parcel delivery network for Latin America SkyPostal has sounded an alarm for disappointments at Christmas
- Thousand of seafarers stuck on ships with no internet
THOUSANDS of seafarers visiting New Zealand are stranded on their ships due to the 28-day quarantine restrictions in the Covid-19, reports the New...
- Carriers impose congestion surcharges as strikes roll across Australian ports
LOBBY group Shipping Australia has backed DP World Australia's application to the Fair Work Commission to terminate industrial action at...
- CMA CGM's stake sale of Mundra port to China Merchants under scrutiny
WITH the widespread anti-China sentiment throughout India the government is examining a proposal to transfer part-ownership of a container terminal...
- Carriers suspend trans-Pacific rate hikes after Chinese ministry comments
COSCO Shipping and Hong Kong's Orient Overseas Container Line (OOCL) have suspended planned September 15 general rate increases (GRIs) on the...
- Dachser expands charters from Hong Kong to Frankfurt
GERMAN forwarding giant Dachser Air & Sea Logistics is expanding its premium charter programme to include the Hong Kong-Frankfurt route which started...