THE Port of Savannah handled 441,600 TEU in August, marking not only the best August on record, but the best overall month on record in the history...
- Port of Savannah records best-ever August for container throughput
- CMA CGM imposes US$150/TEU congestion charge on Felixstowe
FRENCH shipping giant CMA CGM is to levy a US$150 per TEU port congestion surcharge from October 1 on all Asian containers imported or exported...
- Arctic Sea Ice Loss: World Leaders Must Arrest Arctic Climate Change Impacts!
Reacting to news of the Arctic summer sea ice minimum reaching its second lowest extent in the 42-year satellite record on September 15, and to...
- Cargolux adds service to Shenzhen to boost China footprint
LUXEMBOURG cargo airline Cargolux has added Shenzhen to its network as it looks to strengthen its presence in China
- Cathay launches 12-week cargo service to Pittsburgh linking Southeast Asia
HONG Kong flag carrier Cathay Pacific Airways has temporarily expanded its operations in the Americas, with a 12-week cargo service linking...
- First phase of Khalifa Port expansion due to open Q1 2021
ABU Dhabi Ports has affirmed that the expansion of Khalifa Port is on track for a phase one opening by the first quarter of 2021, as well as...
- Cainiao links up with BEST to boost China-Malaysia e-commerce services
ALIBABA's logistics arm Cainiao is to partner BEST Inc, a leading integrated smart supply chain solutions and logistics services provider from...
- China and Greece commit to joint work on Belt and Road Initiative
CHINA and Greece have pledged to further develop relations between the two countries and jointly work on the Belt and Road Initiative (BRI)
- Fujian launches six shipping services to Europe and Asia
SIX new services linking the ports of Xiamen and Fuzhou in Fujian, China with Asia and Europe have been launched as part of the Silk Road Maritime...
- How rescuing drowning migrants became a crime!
The Iuventa ran hundreds of missions to save migrants from drowning off the coast of Libya. But after Europe cracked down on migration, its crew...
- Seafarers are facing a Covid-driven humanitarian crisis!
Thousands of mariners are unable to sign off from their ships, causing considerable mental agony to them and their families
- Box throughput at eight major Chinese ports up 7pc in early September
STATISTICS released by China Ports and Harbours Association show that container volume at eight major Chinese ports increased 7
- Ship banned for AUD $118,000 in unpaid crew wages
The Australian Maritime Safety Authority (AMSA) has today banned the Panama-flagged bulk carrier AC Sesoda for deliberately underpaying its crew by...
- Viking ship runs aground off Finland, all passengers evacuated!
A ferry operated by Finnish company Viking Line has run aground in the Åland Islands waters between Finland and Sweden, Finnish authorities said.
- Starlux Airlines utilises IBS Software's iCargo platform
TAIWAN-BASED Starlux Airlines has deployed IBS Software's iCargo platform as it prepares to expand operations
- DP World collaborates with Israeli firm in bid for Haifa Port
DUBAI's DP World is partnering with an Israeli group to bid for one of Israel's two main ports and to examine opening a direct shipping line...
- CP and Maersk to build world-class logistics facility in Vancouver
CANADIAN Pacific Railway Limited (CP) and Danish shipping giant Maersk have reached an agreement to build and operate a world-class transload and...
- OOCL cancels Asia-Europe sailings due to low demand after National Day holidays
HONG Kong's Orient Overseas Container Line (OOCL), now a Cosco unit, has announced Asia-Europe sailing cancellations over the next two months
- This new technology can save whales from ship collisions
A newly developed tool uses AI, a mobile app and big data to help mariners avoid whale strikes.
- 127 stranded Filipino seafarers await repatriation!