QATAR Airways posted a net loss of QAR7 billion (US$1
- Qatar Airways posts US$1.9 billion net loss as revenues rise 6.4pc
- CEVA expands in Thailand with new station at Laem Chabang
IN a move to boost its ocean freight management capabilities in Asia, CEVA Logistics in Thailand has set up a new ocean branch in Laem Chabang, the...
- China restricts frozen food imports from high-risk Covid nations
BEIJING is urging Chinese companies to stop importing frozen food from countries severely hit by the Covid crisis as fears mount over virus...
- Maersk calls for state aid as stranded sailors rise to 400,000
Maersk is calling to resolve a labour crisis that has stranded 400,000 workers on ships, reports Bloomberg
- MSC Ravenna crewman in LA court accused of killing another at sea
A CREWMAN onboard the 14,000-TEU Liberian-flagged MSC Ravenna has been charged with the fatal stabbing of a fellow crewman while on a transpacific...
- Hamburg HHLA buys control of Adriatic Trieste terminal
HAMBURG's big terminal operator, Hamburger Hafen und Logistik AG (HHLA) is taking a 50
- ACI Maritime Crew Management Conference in London October 21
ACI's 27th Maritime HR & Crew Management Conference will be held in London on October 21 and 22
- Maldives-India cargo ferry calls at Kulhudhuffushi on maiden voyage
THE Maldives-India cargo ferry, the 7,665-dwt MCP Linz has arrived in Kulhudhuffushi City on its maiden voyage, reports the Male Edition
- Violent murder on board of MSC mega container ship!
Violent murder on board of MSC mega container ship in the Pacific!
- Annual peak air cargo season at full tilt all the way to Christmas
THE peak season is in full swing for international air freight when shippers pay more for less, reports New York's FreightWaves
- Russia's dominance of the world wheat exports keeps growing
RUSSIA has gone from being reliant on wheat imports to accounting for a fifth of global sales, as its soils generate bigger harvests at lower prices,...
- Houston August box decline shrinks to single digit 4pc to 248,630 TEU
THE Port of Houston's container throughput has stabilised for the first time since the beginning of the Covid crisis, with a four per cent drop...
- ICS to UN: Governments needed to end crew change crisis
THE International Chamber Shipping (ICS) has warned the UN that the failure to allow 800,000 seafarers leave their ships where they have been...
- Evergreen joins Arkas/Emes to offer Black Sea loops from Piraeus
TAIWAN shipping giant Evergreen is launching two new services between East Mediterranean and the Black Sea, one of them in cooperation with...
- World's biggest LNG-powered ship docks at Shanghai port
THE world's largest liquefied natural gas-powered containership was put into operation at Shanghai's Yangshan Port, loading 1,900 containers...
- Air cargo recovery in India driven by perishables, pharma and e-commerce
MUMBAI International Airport (MIAL) handled 72,000 tonnes of general cargo between April and August, a staggering 278 per cent increase over the same...
- CEVA Logistics opens new offices in Ecuador and Uruguay
SWITZERLAND's CEVA Logistics, a subsidiary of French shipping giant CMA CGM, has officially opened its own offices in Ecuador and Uruguay as part...
- Cargo throughput slips 18pc at S Korean seaports on coronavirus
CARGO handled at South Korean seaports totalled 117
- HMM opens new Fleet Control Centre in Busan after delivery of new box ships
SOUTH Korean ship owner HMM has opened a new Fleet Control Centre located at its R&D facilities in Busan, which is designed to monitor and control...
- DHL to pump in US$30m to expand and update US operations
A SUBSIDIARY of major logistics company Deutsche Post DHL Group, DHL eCommerce Solutions, plans to invest approximately US$30 million this year to...