THE world's largest LNG-powered containership - the 23,000 TEU CMA CGM Jacques Saade - made its maiden call in Singapore early this week
- Singapore welcomes world's largest LNG powered containership
- Asiana converts A350 to temporary freighter
ASIANA Airlines has begun operations with a re-designed Airbus A350-900 as a main-deck freighter, as it plans flights with its grounded A380s,...
- Saudi Global Ports takes over management of King Abdulaziz Port
SAUDI Global Ports Company (SGP) has officially taken over the management of both First and Second Container Terminals in King Abdulaziz Port Dammam...
- Cosco provides inter-continental service linking Hainan free trade port
CHINA's Hainan free trade port recently saw the launch of its first inter-continental shipping service at Xiaochantan terminal, Yangpu port
- Charter rates soar with old panamaxes fetching top dollar
CONTAINERSHIP charter rates continue to soar against a backdrop of tight supply across most sectors, reports London's Loadstar
- US August imports hit all time high as recovery strengthens
US IMPORTS reached all-time highs as retail sales bounced back from the Covid crisis as stores stocked up for Christmas sales, according to Global...
- Seaspan returns to Sanmar for fleet expansion to service Vancouver market
- Covid vaccine delivery will take 2 years before full distribution
AIR Cargo executives say they expect it will take two years for a vaccine to reach all of the world's population, reports the Wall Street Journal
- Twelve HMM laden 24,000-TEU ships ply Asia-Europe trade
KOREA's HMM has announced that all its twelve 24,000-TEU ships have been entirely filled with cargo on their first voyages in the Asia-Europe...
- International air freight volumes continue to fall, says IATA
AIR FREIGHT volumes fell nearly 13 per cent worldwide in August compared to last year reports the International Air Transport Association (IATA),...
- Ups and downs of Russian box traffic as Arctic volumes increase
TOTAL container throughput of all the Russian sea ports during January-August 2020 amounted to 3
- Seafarers stranded by virus cause big increase in labour costs
SHIPOWNERS are facing rising labour costs as Covid restrictions continue to limit the movement of seafarers, reports Bloomberg News
- US-owned Seaspan buys two 2,000-TEUers for $176 million
HONG KONG'S Seaspan Corporation, a unit of New York listed and US based Atlas Corp, has announced it has taken delivery of two 12,000-TEU ships...
- Iran's shipping revenue surpasses US$770 million a year
THE Islamic Republic of Iran Shipping Line (IRISL) earned US$778 million throughout the year until June 20, reports Iranian newsite Eghtesad Online
- National Airlines calls up three freighters in response to capacity crunch
AMERICA's go-anywhere-anytime carriers National Airlines and National Air Cargo are bringing the first relief materials to cyclone-hit Mozambique
- ONE to levy US$3/TEU sulphur fuel surcharge in Korean waters
JAPANESE owned but Singapore based Ocean Network Express (ONE) will implement a sulphur fuel surcharge November 1 for the new South Korean Emission...
- Transpacific carriers add extra loaders as US west coast imports soar
TRANSPACIFIC ocean carriers have deployed extra loaders in response to peak season demand and record container spot rates, reports London's...
- Maersk levies LA-LB congestion charge in peak season assessment
MAERSK is to levy an LA-Long Beach Port Congestion Fee to recover costs from a surge of import volumes and their impact on processing capacity...
- Suez container traffic falls 15pc on Covid despite discounts
COVID-19 has resulted in a 15 per cent plunge in container traffic through the Suez Canal, reports Rome's ANSA (Agenzia Nazionale Stampa...
- Geodis commits long-term air freight capacity to Asia-Europe corridor
FRENCH logistics giant Geodis has confirmed a two-way schedule of flights from China to Europe and back through to early 2021 as part of its...