WITH production gradually recovering and cargo space still limited due to the reduced number of passenger flights, Dachser Air & Sea Logistics is...
- Dachser adds weekly Frankfurt-Shanghai charter for the autumn peak
- LA-LB congestion, a headache for US importers as seasonal stock pours in
US retailers are concerned about delays to their holiday merchandise as record import volumes are straining the west coast gateways, in particular...
- Airfreight constraints leads to DSV expanding Asia-Europe road operation
FREIGHT forwarder DSV has expanded its road transport operation between China and Europe as airfreight capacity constraints continue
- Oakland port has best September ever for import volume with a spike of 11pc
THE Port of Oakland handled a total of 93,916 TEU of imports last month, surpassing the 2019 record by 10
- Valenciaport's box volume continues to grow for the fifth month in a row
THE Spanish port of Valenciaport has announced the handling of close to half a million TEU in September, as the port continues its fifth month in...
- CMA CGM launches new East Med-Black Sea Express service
CMA CGM is to launch a new short sea weekly service between Southern Turkey and Black Sea
- Russia's new icebreaker reaches North Pole for ice trials
RUSSIA's future flagship icebreaker, the 33,500-tons displacement Arktika, reached the North Pole during its first sea ice tests, reports...
- Cathay Pacific Cargo targets South American, African markets
HONG Kong's Cathay Pacific's wants to expand its reach to South America and Africa, says the airline's new director of cargo Tom Owens
- Cathay Pacific's airfreight demand ramping up
HONG Kong's Cathay Pacific and Cathay Dragon carried a total of 109,453 tonnes of cargo and mail in September, a decrease of 36
- Works start on developing Saudi Arabia's KAPD mega container port
EFFORTS are proceeding to develop Saudi Arabia's King Abdulaziz Port Dammam (KAPD) into a mega container terminal and regional hub for shipping
- Record Q3 container volume of 2.7m TEU at the Port of Los Angeles
CONTAINER throughput at the Port of Los Angeles hit an all-time high in the third quarter and showed few signs of slowing as year-end holiday...
- Oil major Shell looks to decarbonise shipping by 2050
OIL major Shell has highlighted hydrogen and fuel cells to achieve decarbonised shipping by 2050, reports Colchester's Seatrade Maritime News
- MSC's executive says hydrogen, biofuels are the key to future fuel mix
SWISS international shipping carrier Mediterranean Shipping Company (MSC) has forecast that hydrogen and biofuels are to become key components of...
- Seychelles Ports Authority takes delivery of new tug from Sanmar!
Seychelles Ports Authority (SPA) recently completed technical acceptance of a new azimuth stern drive (ASD) tug from Sanmar Shipyards in Turkey.
- AGI integrates digital platform with CHAMP's cargo handling system
GROUND handler Alliance Ground International (AGI) has opted for CHAMP's (application programming interface) API to enable the interweaving of...
- Containership sailing to scarpyard runs aground in Vietnam
THE 2002-built 1,118 TEU feedermax containership CMA CGM Jakarta ran aground on the east coast of Vietnam after encountering heavy weather and sea...
- Global container ship companies cash in on higher rates: Fitch
NEW York-headquartered ratings agency Fitch Ratings says the recent increase in spot container freight rates, driven by shipping companies'...
- Maersk revises upwards full-year financial forecast
DANISH shipping giant AP Moller-Maersk A/S has raised its full-year guidance amid a surprise recovery in demand and sweeping efforts to cut costs
- Global freight forwarding market to shrink by 10.2 per cent in 2020
UK's Transport Intelligence's (Ti's) latest projections for 2020 show that global freight forwarding market will contract by 10
- CMA CGM's online systems control back in service after cyberattack
FRANCE's CMA CGM Group has confirmed it has restored all the applications and main functionalities of its e-commerce websites, such as bookings,...