THE Port of Virginia's cargo volume in May plummeted 22
- Box volume at Virginia port plunges 23pc in May due to pandemic
- Fewer late vessels in May, but degree of delays increasing: Sea-Intelligence
CONTAINER shipping consultancy Sea-Intelligence says container shipping schedule reliability improved by 5
- Container shipping faces continuing low demand and capacity withdrawal
ANALYST Sea-Intelligence says container shipping is expected to see current low demand levels persisting, consequently leading to high levels of...
- OOCL restores two transpacific sailings cancelled in June
HONG Kong's Orient Overseas Container Line (OOCL), now a Cosco unit, has restored two transpacific sailings that were cancelled on June 18
- Threat of US-Europe trade war sparks off more transatlantic blankings
2M partners Maersk and MSC have extended the suspension of their TA4/NEUATL4 transatlantic loop through to September
- Port of Savannah box volumes slip nearly 10pc in May due to Covid-19
CONTAINER throughput at the Port of Savannah's Garden City Terminal dropped 9
- RCL revamps RMS service to link up Malaysia and Indonesia
THAILAND-BASED Regional Container Lines (RCL) has revamped its RMS service to link up Malaysia and Indonesia in a new 'butterfly' service
- LA-LB rise to the challenge to handle mega-ships, but landside pressures remain
TERMINAL operators in Los Angeles-Long Beach have this month demonstrated their ability to handle record container exchanges in a single vessel call
- 2M Asia-Europe 'inducement' loop starts loading as rates hold steady
2M partners Maersk and MSC started loading their inducement Asia-North Europe loop service in China last week, as bookings and freight rates remain...
- ONE to offer more direct sailings from China to Southeast Asia
JAPAN's Ocean Network Express (ONE) has added two new direct services connecting China and Southeast Asia
- Container shipping heading for a US$9b annual profit: Sea-Intelligence
DESPITE the significant loss of box volume due to the pandemic, spot rates have soared above year-over-year levels through the second quarter,...
- OOCL cancels Pearl River sailings, but restores one from Shanghai
HONG Kong's Orient Overseas Container Line (OOCL), now a Cosco unit, has announced the cancellations of several Pearl River transpacific sailings...
- Cargo ship calls at Singapore hub plummet to 27-year low, marine fuel sales fall!
Cargo ship arrivals in Singapore, the world's top transhipment and bunkering hub, plummeted to their lowest in nearly three decades in May, while...
- Singapore ship calls plummet to 27-year low, bunker sales fall
SINGAPORE ship arrivals have plummeted to their lowest in nearly three decades in May, while bunker sales fall to a three-month low, Reuters reports
- US$23 billion loss risked 'if box carriers lose rate control'
IN planning their container shipment bookings for the third quarter, shippers and forwarders can expect a new wave of blanking announcements over the...
- April box demand fell 8.1pc to 2.4m TEU: Container Trade Statistics
GLOBAL container demand fell 2
- US Asian imports fall in May after April dip, no pick-up seen till August
US IMPORTS from Asia fell 18
- OOCL cancels 2 June-July transpacific sailings, restores another
HONG KONG's Orient Overseas Container Line (OOCL), now a Cosco unit, has cancelled two transpacific sailings and restored another that had been...
- LA April volume falls 6pc to 690,000 TEU, LB falls 17.3pc to 519,730 TEU
THE Port of Los Angeles container volume fell six per cent year on year to 690,000 TEU in April due to the continuing impact from the Covid-19...
- Danaos CEO says firm is 'well insulated' from the charter market crash
SHORT-TERM containership charter rates have plunged by up to 40 per cent since the beginning of the year, as ocean carriers rush to off-hire surplus...