DANISH shipping giant AP Moller-Maersk reported a net profit of US$443 million for the second quarter, which compares with a profit $154 million for...
- Maersk triples Q2 profit despite volume decline
- Asian carriers reap Q2 profits by controlling costs
LINER operators Evergreen Marine Corporation, Wan Hai Lines and Regional Container Lines (RCL) all reported profits for the second quarter of the...
- SC Ports steady freight movements minimises full-year volume drop
SOUTH Carolina Ports Authority (SC Ports Authority) finished fiscal year 2020 with relatively steady volumes compared to fiscal year 2019 despite...
- Alliance makes raft of September changes, and cancellations
THE Alliance, made up of ocean carriers Hapag-Lloyd, Yang Ming, Ocean Express Network (ONE) and HMM, have announced a raft of service changes for...
- Drewry's Healey sees Covid-19 downturn stretching to 5 years
OCEAN carriers face the prospect of cutting capacity by scrapping if the Covid crisis downturn persists, says London consultancy Drewry
- Port of Virginia throughput declines 16.8pc in July to 221,028 TEU
THE Port of Virginia posted a 16
- North Carolina Ports posts 267pc rise in reefers in fiscal year 2020
THE North Carolina State Ports Authority posted a four per cent year-on-year increase in reefer volumes, reported the American Journal of...
- ONE posts second quarter profit despite revenue, volume declines
JAPANESE owned but Singapore based Ocean Network Express (ONE) suffered a decline in revenue of 11
- Increasing congestion at ports due to cancelled sailings out of India
CONTAINER trades out of India are faced with increasing congestion, due to a combination of blanked sailings, equipment shortages and carriers unable...
- Box ship schedule reliability continues to improve in June
CONTAINER shipping consultancy Sea-Intelligence says global container schedule reliability improved by 3
- Pacific Northwest ports looking for volume rebound in Q3
CONTAINER volumes at North America's Pacific Northwest ports are declining this year due primarily to the drop in consumer demand caused by...
- Global shipyards face crisis with receding box ship orders
WITH global demand expected to contract by some 10 per cent this year, due to the impact of the pandemic, blanked sailings are likely to be...
- HPH Trust HI profit slides 9pc, box throughput down 8pc to 10.3m TEU
SINGAPORE-LISTED Hutchison Port Holdings Trust (HPH Trust) says the severe slowdown in global trade amid the Covid-19 pandemic has resulted in its...
- Hapag Lloyd's addition to its Africa service portfolio, the China Kenya Express
GERMAN shipping giant Hapag Lloyd will offer weekly direct sailings between Chinese Key (CKX) Ports and Mombasa (Kenya) from August 19, reports the...
- OOCL cancels raft of Asia-Europe sailings during height of peak season
HONG KONG's Orient Overseas Container Line (OOCL), in response to low demand in the market, has announced a number of blank sailings on the...
- LA-Long Beach post double digit declines in first half due to Covid-19
CONTAINER volume through the Port of Los Angeles was down 9
- Long Beach volumes fall 11.1pc in June as Covid-19 hammers west coast
THE Port of Long Beach reported that 602,180 TEU crossed its docks in June, making for an 11
- Antwerp boxes up 0.4pc, but volume off 4.9pc to 223,799,781 tonnes
CONTAINER traffic through the Port of Antwerp was up 0
- Box volume at Virginia port plunges 23pc in May due to pandemic
THE Port of Virginia's cargo volume in May plummeted 22
- Fewer late vessels in May, but degree of delays increasing: Sea-Intelligence
CONTAINER shipping consultancy Sea-Intelligence says container shipping schedule reliability improved by 5