SINGAPORE's government moved to assure residents via Facebook that it won't run out of food or basic necessities, after neighboring Malaysia...
- Singapore government assures population there's enough for all
- China's southern factory hub faces supply shortage as fear grows
NEARLY a third of companies in China's southern manufacturing hub are facing a supply shortage as the coronavirus takes its toll around the...
- CAPA warns of airlines going bankrupt in 10 weeks all virus casualties
SYDNEY's Centre for Aviation (CAPA) says coordinated government and industry action could prevent many of the world's airlines from going...
- Turkey's Fastest Growing Company and Export Titleholder ARES Shipyard Blazed a Trail Once Again in Shipbuilding History
Turkey’s record holding shipyard ARES, is running for another one: The Largest Serial Production in Shipbuilding with the 122 (one hundred and...
- US airlines fear travel ban; Canadian carriers seek state aid
THERE is talk among airline analysts and industry experts that the US government may close all airspace to passenger carriers shortly, permitting...
- Concor to drop 10 under-performing depots owned by Indian Railways
INDIA's Container Corporation of India Ltd (Concor) plans to sell at least 10 under-performing container depots built on land leased from the...
- BIFA hails Young Forwarders Network for engaging youths in industry
THE British International Freight Association (BIFA) is celebrating the first anniversary of its Young Forwarders Network (YFN) that organises events...
- Frankfurt Airport's 45pc traffic drop reveals extent of virus hit
FRANKFURT Airport said passenger numbers are plunging, almost halving in recent days because of the coronavirus pandemic, reports Bloomberg
- Smaller carriers, owner-operators may fall prey to ransomware
THE Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) says that ransomware actors are actively targeting the transportation, healthcare and industrial industries
- Seattle to spend US$9.5 billion on port expansion of marine facilities
THE Port of Seattle has unveiled plans to spend US$9
- US trucking markets hold firm, but fears of falling spending will squeeze cargo loads
CONTRACTED truckload volumes in the US are up five per cent year on year, even though imports and intermodal volumes plunged in February and March
- No M&A targets for Canada's Class I railroads within 10 years
MERGERS and acquisitions are a possibility among the North American Class I railroads but not within the next decade, and only if regulatory and...
- LA-LB ports face truck chassis shortage due to work shift cancellations
CONTAINER yards in southern California are becoming chock full of empties that have nowhere to go, raising the prospect of a shortage of chassis...
- William Flynn is named new Amtrak president and COO
WILLIAM Flynn is to become Amtrak's new president and chief operating officer from mid-April
- Fertiliser could be used to fuel ships if zero CO2-emitting ammonia is produced
OCEAN-GOING ships could be fuelled by ammonia within the next decade in a bid to cut greenhouse gas emissions
- BIFA urges government to implement plan to build 3rd runway at London Heathrow
THE British International Freight Association (BIFA) says it not changed its opinion on the need for a third runway at London Heathrow airport and is...
- Silkway West Airlines keeps flying cargo to China
SILKWAY West Airlines has been continuing to operate its scheduled and charter flights to China despite the outbreak of the coronavirus
- Environmentalists win court case to block Heathrow expansion
UK's London Heathrow's plan for a third runway faces further delays after environmental activists won an appeal over an expansion that...
- China cuts power prices to help struggling manufacturers in virus crisis
TWO of China?s largest power distributors will cut electricity rates for most of their business customers by an average of five per cent in Beijing?s...
- Saudi's King Abdullah port handles record cargo, but boxes drop in 2019
KING Abdullah port, 85 miles north of Jeddah, saw its bulk and general cargo throughput rise to 2