TWICE the box volume - 52,500 TEU - was posted for the China-Europe rail route in May than the same month the year before by the United Transport and...
- Two-way China-Europe rail volume exceeds 50,000 TEU monthly
- Air freight rates rise to pre-Covid level as fuel prices increase to new levels
AIR freight rates have returned to mid-March levels as jet fuel prices continue to rise, according to London's Loadstar
- LNG drives Northern Sea Route H1 transits up 1.1pc to 14.5 million tonnes
SHIPMENTS on the Northern Sea Route increased 1
- BIFA hails UK government plan to invest in employment programme
THE British International Freight Association (BIFA) has welcomed the package of measures unveiled by the government to encourage employment support...
- India docks 20,000-TEUers for first time in Cochin crew changes
THE 20,388-TEU Ever Given and the 20,170-TEU sister ships MOL Tribute and MOL Tradition have called at Cochin, India's big crew change port,...
- STM demonstrates the future for e-navigation
With more ships using electronic navigation and digital services, data exchange is becoming critical for sea traffic management and safety
- Melbourne moves from 4,500-TEUers to 10,662-TEU CMA CGM Ural
THE Port of Melbourne has docked its biggest box ship ever - the 10,662-TEU Ural, reports the UK's Port Strategy
- IATA: Air cargo picked up in May, demand still weak
THE International Air Transport Association (IATA) reported air cargo volume fell 20
- CMA CGM seeks investment opportunities in Africa
WITH African nations seeing a record growth rate of 5 per cent over the past decade, French shipping giant CMA CGM has turned its focus to the...
- HMM names world's largest box ship 'HMM Hamburg'
SOUTH Korea's HMM has held a naming ceremony for the world's largest container ship, the HMM Hamburg, at Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine...
- Automated shipping coming to Europe's waters
Moving more goods by water could reduce pressure on roads and cut emissions, yet Europe’s shipping industry is held back by labour shortages....
- Melbourne welcomes largest capacity box ship to call at the port
THE Port of Melbourne (PoM) played host to the 10,662 TEU CMA CGM Ural, the largest container ship by maximum capacity to call at the port
- Threat of US-Europe trade war sparks off more transatlantic blankings
2M partners Maersk and MSC have extended the suspension of their TA4/NEUATL4 transatlantic loop through to September
- SIPG and THE Alliance test fast-track box processing at Yangshan port
SHANGHAI International Port Group (SIPG) and THE Alliance have entered into an agreement to test out onshore container drop-offs for cargoes bound...
- MSC introduces Instant Quote function for online cargo bookings
MEDITERRANEAN Shipping Company (MSC) has upgraded its e-business platform myMSC with the addition of a new online Instant Quote function
- RCL revamps RMS service to link up Malaysia and Indonesia
THAILAND-BASED Regional Container Lines (RCL) has revamped its RMS service to link up Malaysia and Indonesia in a new 'butterfly' service
- At least six migrants died, 93 rescued off Libya's coast
UN says rescued migrants, including one woman who gave birth on a rubber dinghy, brought back to Libya.
- Cosco about to complete planned scrubber installations
CHINA's Cosco Shipping Lines (Cosco) is about to complete scrubber installations, a plan that was announced in 2019
- Yang Ming wants to own more ships to cut chartering costs: chairman
TAIWANESE shipping line Yang Ming Marine Transport (YM) wants to increase the proportion of owned capacity in its fleet, from the current 30 per cent...
- 2M Asia-Europe 'inducement' loop starts loading as rates hold steady
2M partners Maersk and MSC started loading their inducement Asia-North Europe loop service in China last week, as bookings and freight rates remain...