RUSSIAN President Vladimir Putin intends to crank up shipment volumes transported along the Northern Sea Route to 80 million tons by 2024, after...
- Russia to ship oil along Northern Sea Route despite eco protest
- Backhaul US, Europe box shipping rates go up, headhaul rates hold constant
A CAPACITY shortage is looming over cargo shipments due to the outbreak of the coronavirus that triggered the cancellation of a stack of fronthaul...
- K+N's 2019 earnings are up 3.6pc to US$830m as sea freight remains strong
THE Kuehne + Nagel group saw a considerable improvement in its results in 2019, with net turnover up 1
- Asia-Europe rates rise 3.2pc to US$830/TEU, USWC dip 2.4pc at $1,361/FEU
SPOT rates for shipping containers from Asia to northern Europe in the week ending last Friday rose 3
- China Jan-Feb imports and exports down as virus batters trade and business
CHINA's exports contracted sharply in the first two months of the year, and imports declined, as the coronavirus outbreak caused massive...
- William Flynn is named new Amtrak president and COO
WILLIAM Flynn is to become Amtrak's new president and chief operating officer from mid-April
- Saudi's King Abdullah port handles record cargo, but boxes drop in 2019
KING Abdullah port, 85 miles north of Jeddah, saw its bulk and general cargo throughput rise to 2
- LATAM boosts flower shipments thanks to expanding operations
LATAM Cargo flew 210 Boeing 767-300 freighter aircraft out of Colombia and Ecuador, loaded with 12,600 tons of flowers for this year's...
- Nairobi depot surges 62pc to 418,830 TEU as Mombasa ups capacity
CARGO volumes handled at the Inland Container Deport-Nairobi (ICDN) rose by 62
- Asia Pacific's air cargo unravels as virus creates havoc on supply chains
THE coronavirus outbreak is presenting the air cargo industry in the Pacific Rim and Asia Pacific with massive challenges, reports...
- Maersk loses US$44m in 2019 despite flat liftings of 26.6m TEU
THE Maersk Group lost US$61 million in the fourth quarter of 2019, leading to an overall net loss of $44 million last year
- Hapag-Lloyd's 2019 ebit up 80pc to US$908m, accenting profitable trades
GERMAN container shipping giant Hapag-Lloyd improved its year-on-year earnings before interest and tax (Ebit) by 80 per cent to EUR811 million...
- Seattle port group blames virus for 19pc box volume loss in January
THE Northwest Seaport Alliance saw its total container volume for January fall by 19 per cent year on year to 260,000 TEU, with imports down by 21...
- SIA quarterly profit up 15.7pc to US$226.8 million as revenue rises 3pc
SINGAPORE Airlines' SIA Group posted a 15
- Rotterdam's 2019 flat at 469.4m tonnes, boxes up 2.1pc to 14.8m TEU
THE Port of Rotterdam's 2019 cargo throughput remained flat year on year at 469
- Qatari ports lift 115,837 TEU in January as expansion works continue
QATARI ports of Hamad, Doha and Ruwais Port saw a significant rise in cargo volumes in January, handling 50 per cent more vehicles compared to the...
- HMM net losses narrow in 2019 with increased sales
SOUTH Korea's biggest shipping company by sales, Hyundai Merchant Marine (HMM) has announced in a regulatory filing that that its net losses...
- Westports' 4Q net profit down 13.8pc but full-year earnings up
WESTPORTS Holdings Bhd's net profit dived by 13
- ICS voices concern over piracy in Gulf of Guinea
THE number of ship's crewmembers being kidnapped in the Gulf of Guinea rose by 50 per cent in 2019 and this year has been blighted with a further...
- DSV Panalpina's airfreight volumes rise but profits decline due to integration
DSV's air freight revenues and volumes improved last year after buying Panalpina