GLOBAL air cargo volumes continue to show a slow recovery, with an eight per cent increase in July, reports London's Air Cargo News, citing a...
- Global air cargo up 8pc in July, continues to show a slow recovery
- Casualties mount as Beirut blast linked to small arrested cargo ship
CASUALTIES rose to 135 dead and 5,000 injured yesterday in an ammonium nitrate explosion in cargo from the 3,226-dwt Maldova-flagged general cargo...
- 100 dead, 4,000 injured in Beirut port ammonium nitrate blast
MORE than 78 were killed and 4,000 injured when a cache of ammonium nitrate in a Port of Beirut exploded, showering broken glasd city-wide over...
- Ecommerce surge experienced by UPS attributed to Covid scare
ECOMMERCE got a boost from the Covid-19 scare if the surge in online shopping posted by United Parcel Service is anything to go by, reports the...
- China's factories recover in July, says Purchasing Manager's Index
CHINA's factory activity expanded in July for the fifth month in a row and at a faster pace, beating analyst expectations despite disruptions...
- China is buying computer chips before Hong Kong route is shut down
CHINESE importers of computer chips are on a buying spree before the Hong Kong route shuts down in China's current contretemps with the western...
- Airfreight rates tick up as passenger-freighters depart from the market
Airfreight rates have increased after the declines of the past weeks, with forwarders reporting further increases on the way
- China-Africa trade down 20pc, hit from coronavirus in first half
TWO-WAY trade between China and Africa fell 19
- Asia-Europe fell 1.4pc to US$920/TEU, USWC up 4.7pc at $2,794/FEU
SPOT rates for shipping containers from Asia to northern Europe in the week ending last Friday edged up 1
- Singapore holds top spot as world shipping centre for 7th straight year
THE Baltic Exchange, in collaboration with China's official news agency Xinhua, has published the 2020 Xinhua-Baltic International Shipping...
- Port of New York New Jersey blame pandemic for May's 16.5pc cargo slump
THE Port Authority of New York and New Jersey's (PANYNJ) cargo volume dropped 16
- Air freight rates rise to pre-Covid level as fuel prices increase to new levels
AIR freight rates have returned to mid-March levels as jet fuel prices continue to rise, according to London's Loadstar
- DHL 2Q operating profit up 16pc to US$1 billion after revenue loss
EXPRESS delivery giant Deutsche Post DHL's second quarter operating profit rose 16 per cent to EUR890 million (US$1
- Thousands of stranded seafarers seek to go home!
Crews of merchant ships and cruise vessels are stranded aboard ship, with no way to either travel home or even go ashore at the closest port due to...
- Macao's air cargo declines 19pc in May to 2,525 tonnes, says DSEC
AIR cargo totalled 2,525 tonnes in May in Macao, a drop of 19pc The gross weight of inward cargo and transit cargo slumped 71
- WFS pharma volume increases after widespread facilities investment
PARIS-BASED groundhandler Worldwide Flight Services (WFS) has seen 'significant increases' in time- and temperature-sensitive volumes in the...
- Ghana: First quarter cargo traffic rose by 12.6pc to 166,685 TEU
FIRST quarter laden container volume at Ghana's two seaports, Tema and Takoradi,increased 12
- IATA: Air cargo picked up in May, demand still weak
THE International Air Transport Association (IATA) reported air cargo volume fell 20
- Air cargo weakened in May due to Covid-19: AAPA
PRELIMINARY May 2020 traffic analysis from the Association of Asia Pacific Airlines (PA) saw air cargo demand in May, measured in freight tonne...
- Asia-Europe rates up 0.5pc to US$890/TEU, USWC increase 0.9pc at $2,692/FEU
SPOT rates for shipping containers from Asia to northern Europe in the week ending last Friday edged up slightly by 0