SPOT rates for shipping containers from Asia to northern Europe in the week ending last Friday eased back by US$65 per TEU to $1,084 per TEU, 86 per...
- A-E rates off US$65 to US$1,084 per TEU, USWC stable at $3,841/FEU
- Global container ship companies cash in on higher rates: Fitch
NEW York-headquartered ratings agency Fitch Ratings says the recent increase in spot container freight rates, driven by shipping companies'...
- Hapag-Lloyd's CE warns of longer-term Covid-19 impact on global economy
GERMAN container shipping firm Hapag-Lloyd is benefitting from a rebound in transport demand but its chief executive, Rolf Habben Jansen, warned...
- Global freight forwarding market to shrink by 10.2 per cent in 2020
UK's Transport Intelligence's (Ti's) latest projections for 2020 show that global freight forwarding market will contract by 10
- Fresh drop in commercial flights adds to jet fuel glut concerns
With Autumn arriving, the world's oil refineries struggle with a glut of jet fuel that's crushing profitability, reports London's Air...
- Charter rates soar with old panamaxes fetching top dollar
CONTAINERSHIP charter rates continue to soar against a backdrop of tight supply across most sectors, reports London's Loadstar
- A-E rates off 1.6pc to US$1,149/TEU, USWC off 0.12pc at $3,848/FEU
SPOT rates for shipping containers from Asia to northern Europe in the week ending last Friday fell 1
- Seaspan returns to Sanmar for fleet expansion to service Vancouver market
- Covid vaccine delivery will take 2 years before full distribution
AIR Cargo executives say they expect it will take two years for a vaccine to reach all of the world's population, reports the Wall Street Journal
- Correction: Miami's Magaya buys rate management provider Catapult
MIAMI software provider Magaya Corporation was mistakenly identified through an editing error as a logistics firm in a report of its acquisition of...
- Work begins on 1.2 million TEU Abidjan container terminal
FRENCH logistics giant Bollore and Maersk's global port operator APM Terminals (APMT) have joined to build a 1
- Yanmar Receives Order for 8EY26LDF Dual Fuel Engines for Japan's First LNG Ferries!
Yanmar Receives Order for 8EY26LDF Dual Fuel Engines to Power Japan’s First LNG Ferries!
- International air freight volumes continue to fall, says IATA
AIR FREIGHT volumes fell nearly 13 per cent worldwide in August compared to last year reports the International Air Transport Association (IATA),...
- National Airlines calls up three freighters in response to capacity crunch
AMERICA's go-anywhere-anytime carriers National Airlines and National Air Cargo are bringing the first relief materials to cyclone-hit Mozambique
- Miami's Magaya buys rate management provider Catapult
MIAMI logistics provider Magaya Corporation has announced that it has acquired Catapult, a leader in freight rate management software
- Transpacific carriers add extra loaders as US west coast imports soar
TRANSPACIFIC ocean carriers have deployed extra loaders in response to peak season demand and record container spot rates, reports London's...
- China's weekly export container shipping index increases 1.5pc
CHINA's index of export container transport went up in the past week, according to the Shanghai Shipping Exchange, reports Xinhua
- Turkish Cargo grabs market share in H1 with 'special operations'
ISTANBUL's Turkish Cargo increased its market share in the first half of the year on the back of its 'special cargo operations'
- FMC told it has no authority to deal with ATA's chassis complaint
THE US Federal Maritime Commission (FMC) has been told by container lines that it has no authority to adjudicate an American Trucking Associations...
- Annual peak air cargo season at full tilt all the way to Christmas
THE peak season is in full swing for international air freight when shippers pay more for less, reports New York's FreightWaves