DUBAI's DP World has posted a 7 per cent increase in profit to US$1
- DP World profit up 7pc to US$1.2b with surges in revenue and volumes
- Regionalisation of global economy could lead to early retirement of mega ships
THE mega containerships that are being built nowadays may become redundant long before the end of their operational life as a result of the potential...
- IMF predicts global economic output in 2018 to beat 2017
THE International Monetary Fund estimates that global economic output increased by 3
- Bangladesh: New law for ship-breaking industry
The piece of legislation that the Jatiya Sangsad late last week adopted to discipline the country’s ship-breaking industry has been long overdue
- SC in Chittagong bans scrapping toxic ship, North Sea Producer
SC in Chittagong bans scrapping toxic ship
- Durban port remained closed after storm wreaks havoc on shipping
MARINE operations at the Port of Durban remained closed until soundings conducted by drones to assess unsafe build-up or obstructions on the seabed...
- Container packing safety meeting at IMO in London September 12
SAFE container packing will be the theme of a meeting at the UN's International Maritime Organisation at 5:30pm Tuesday September 12 in the IMO...
- Seven blades lost by BBC Ontario recovered to date
Seven blades lost by BBC Ontario recovered to date
- Indian rival port action sparks ministerial push to enlarge Colombo
SRI LANKAN Ports and Shipping Minister Mahinda Samarasinghe has said there will be movement in upgrading Colombo's Jaya Container Terminal in the...
- Hapag-Lloyd comes up with UASC integration timeline
GERMANY's largest ocean carrier, Hapag-Lloyd, issued a transition timeline for its merger with Kuwait-based ocean carrier United Arab Shipping Co....
- Gothenburg docker dispute now threatens wider Swedish economy
AS a docker dispute escalates in Gothenburg, Sweden's biggest port, exporters - including world-famous Ikea - warn of having to find alternative...
- Fumes released on tanker
Fumes released on tanker
- Dredger finds WWII bomb at Portsmouth, RN detonates it safely
AN unexploded German bomb dropped in World War II on the main British naval station was found while dredging, and taken away to be detonated safely...
- Yacht abandoned after storm damage, Royal Navy rescued crew of 14
Yacht abandoned after storm damage, Royal Navy rescued crew of 14
- Brick-and-mortar retail 'Drop Shipping' stands to benefit logisticians
LOGISTICS companies stand to benefit immensely from the increasing number of retailers depending on suppliers to ship online orders directly to...
- Fishing vessel lost on rocks, crew swam ashore
Fishing vessel lost on rocks, crew swam ashore
- Frozen River Danube is closed to shipping by Hungary, Bulgaria
SHIPS have been banned from sailing down the frozen Danube River by Hungary and Bulgaria as floating ice poses a risk on this major waterway in...
- Hanjin's death was 'political blundering over economic sense': analyst says
THE Korean government has been accused of bungling the collapse of Hanjin Shipping and should have closed down Hyundai Merchant Marine (HMM) instead,...
- Lost containers set off warning for Vancouver Island mariners
THIRTY-FIVE empty containers that fell off a cargo ship, the Hanjin Seattle, near the south end of Vancouver Island could pose a hazard to boats and...
- Global shipping confidence is at all-time low: survey
STRUGGLING with a glut of ships, a faltering global economy, weaker consumer demand and Britain's vote to leave the EU pressure is building up on...