A FUJIAN chipmaker plans to appeal a US ban on its products prompted by allegations that it stole American trade secrets, reports Bloomberg
- Fujian chipmaker to appeal US ban over alleged theft of tech secrets
- US naval chief to meet Chinese counterpart in Beijing
US Chief of Naval Operations Admiral John Richardson will meet his counterpart, Vice-Admiral Shen Jinlong, and other members of China's Central...
- China's economy weakens as December exports and imports contract
CHINA's exports unexpectedly fell the most in two years in December, while imports also contracted, pointing to further weakness in the...
- Beijing looks at law to end forced tech transfers to protect IP rights
CHINA has made efforts to prevent the forced transfer of technology of foreign investors by submitting a draft law for Chinese legislators'...
- Coming changes in marine fuel sulfur limits will affect global oil markets
When burned, the sulfur in marine fuel produces sulfur dioxide, a precursor to acid rain.
- Morgan Stanley: Watch out FedEx/UPS - Air Amazon will eat you up
MORGAN STANLEY investment bank says Amazon's new air network poses a serious threat to the volumes of FedEx and UPS, reports London's Air...
- EU enlists Asia in joint anti-Trump communique on trade and climate
THE European Union won Asian political support to counter US President Donald Trump on global trade rules, global warming and the international...
- Shippers want longer trucks in US to haul e-commerce shipments
THE shipping industry, including the likes of FedEx, UPS and Amazon, are urging the US Congress to increase the permitted size of some shipping...
- Buenos Aires needs more capacity, but OECD critical of state's approach
THE Port of Buenos Aires aims to secure fresh container handling capacity in light of next year's expiration of concessions of the three...
- Maersk ship is testing ocean cleanup system
In the morning of Sep 10, 2018, the 'Maersk Launcher' sailed from San Francisco along with the Ocean Cleanup System 001 to a Pacific...
- Nine years after sinking, cases on the case still pending
Nine years have passed since the 'Black Rose' sank off Paradip Port on Sep 9, 2009
- Smiths Detection offers effective lithium battery detection
SMITHS Detection HI-SCAN 100100V-2is and 100100T-2is scanners can now detect lithium batteries, with other conventional X-ray systems to follow
- IMO's rule to cut sulphur content in ship fuel could trigger chain of price surges
THE International Maritime Organisation's new regulation for the world's ocean-going vessels to use fuel with a maximum sulphur content of 0
- Clarksons' H1 profit dives 21pc to US$18.5m
UK-based global ship broker and research consultancy Clarkson PLC saw its profits plunge 20
- DP World first half net profit slips 2.1pc, but revenues increase 14.4pc
DUBAI's global port operator DP World suffered a 2
- Withholding tax on demurrage charges will hurt Mombasa port
Mombasa port, which has been in operation since the 18th century, has grown over time and contributes more than 40 per cent of Kenya’s annual...
- Engine failure in Fethiye
The 'Flying Poseidon' suffered an auxiliary engine failure along with emergency support systems failure at Fethiye on Aug 3, 2018
- ICS encouraged by IMO's reasoned approach to sulphur cap issues
THE International Chamber of Shipping (ICS), representing 80 per cent the world's merchant fleet, says it is encouraged by efforts of the...
- DP World global container volumes spike 5pc to 36m TEU
THE continued upswing in global trade saw Dubai's DP World reporting 4
- First report: Container loss took only two minutes
It took just two minutes for surging seas off the NSW Central Coast to rip more than 80 containers from the deck of the 'YM Efficiency', the...