THE European Commission will tax greenhouse-gas produced by factories outside Europe that ship their products into Europe, reports Bloomberg
- Carbon Border Tax emerges in EU in the guise of protectionism
- India's April to August container cargo handling drops 25pc
INDIA's container cargo handling at major ports dropped about 25 per cent from April to August throughout the Covid pandemic, reports the Press...
- China's America, Europe trade value slips 4.1 to 2.4pc in 2020
CHINA's export trade value with North America in the first eight months of the year fell 4
- Hamburg HHLA buys control of Adriatic Trieste terminal
HAMBURG's big terminal operator, Hamburger Hafen und Logistik AG (HHLA) is taking a 50
- Amsterdam's Schiphol cargo sector creates vaccine task force
AMSTERDAM's Schiphol's air cargo community has created a task force to prepare for a Covid-19 vaccine, reports London's Air Cargo News
- JAL and Matternet link up on drones for medical gear delivery
TOKYO-BASED Japan Airlines (JAL) has signed a memorandum of understanding with California-based drone maker Matternet to explore medical delivery...
- FMC told it has no authority to deal with ATA's chassis complaint
THE US Federal Maritime Commission (FMC) has been told by container lines that it has no authority to adjudicate an American Trucking Associations...
- Electric carmaker Tesla sues to block US tariffs on China imports
US ELECTRIC carmaker Tesla is suing to block the Trump Administration from collecting tariffs on parts the company imports from China, reported...
- Trafigura lobbies UN to introduce ship decarbonisation tax
DUTCH ship charterer Trafigura is lobbying for a decarbonisation tax by the UN's International Maritime Organisation (IMO) of between US$250-$300...
- Violent murder on board of MSC mega container ship!
Violent murder on board of MSC mega container ship in the Pacific!
- Annual peak air cargo season at full tilt all the way to Christmas
THE peak season is in full swing for international air freight when shippers pay more for less, reports New York's FreightWaves
- SF Airlines extends domestic cargo network to 51 destinations
SHENZHEN's SF Airlines' domestic air cargo network has been extended to 51 destinations across China, the air cargo carrier has announced,...
- Belarusian Railways increases freight to China 23pc in January-August
BELARUS rail freight traffic to China rose 23
- North American weekly rail traffic down 6.9pc, intermodal up 3.7pc
NORTH American rail volume for the week ending September 19 on 12 reporting US, Canadian and Mexican railways totalled 327,915 carloads, down 6
- Houston August box decline shrinks to single digit 4pc to 248,630 TEU
THE Port of Houston's container throughput has stabilised for the first time since the beginning of the Covid crisis, with a four per cent drop...
- ICS to UN: Governments needed to end crew change crisis
THE International Chamber Shipping (ICS) has warned the UN that the failure to allow 800,000 seafarers leave their ships where they have been...
- Shipowners 'see dollar signs' as charter market soars
THE latest Alphaliner idle tonnage report shows that a further 65 vessels, for a total of 155,350 TEU, have found employment in the past two weeks,...
- Air cargo recovery in India driven by perishables, pharma and e-commerce
MUMBAI International Airport (MIAL) handled 72,000 tonnes of general cargo between April and August, a staggering 278 per cent increase over the same...
- Amazon Air stepped up freighter operations by 27pc during summer
AMAZON Air expanded its daily flight schedule by 27 per cent over the summer, according to a report issued by the Chaddick Institute for Metropolitan...
- CMA CGM buys stake in French airline group, expanding air cargo logistics
MARSEILLE-HEADQUARTERED container liner CMA CGM expanded its reach into air cargo logistics with the recent acquisition of a 30 per cent stake in a...