A PROPOSED UN Arctic polluting fuel ban has come under attack for not being strict enough, reports EURACTIV Media Network of Brussels
- Eco-study finds proposed IMO Arctic bunker ban 'no ban at all'
- Congestion free Louisiana port looks to docking 23,000-TEUers
LOUISIANA's Port of Plaquemines plans a 1,000-acre site capable of handling up to three 23,000-TEU ships, with an annual capacity of two million...
- Israel proceeds with plan to privatise its state-owned ports
ISRAEL's Government Companies Authority (GCA) is proceeding with the first step of the privatisation and sale of 100 per cent of the shares of...
- Nigerian law makers want ocean liners to explain 'illegal' charge
THE Nigerian House of Representatives Committee on Ports and Harbours is seeking European shipping lines to clarify a 400 per cent illicit peak...
- 39 perish with 6,000 cattle in typhoon in the East China Sea
JAPANESE coastguard rescued two seamen from a cargo ship presumed sunk in a typhoon with more than 40 crew and 6,000 cattle on board, reported BBC...
- CMA CGM profit up 26.3pc to US$1.2 billion as sales fall 9pc
FRENCH shipping giant CMA CGM's second quarter operating profit increased 26
- Port Tracker: US sees weakest peak season in 4 years
US imports at major US ports during 2020 are expected to see their lowest total in four years as the impact of the Covid crisis hits the economy,...
- A-E rate up 1.2pc to US$1,042/TEU, USWC up 3.2pc to $3,758/FEU
SPOT rates for shipping containers from Asia to northern Europe in the week ending Friday rose 1
- Steel cutting ceremony: Tug built by UZMAR for Aarhus Port!
UZMAR Shipyard of Turkiye has cut the first steel for Port of Aarhus, Denmark on September 03. Limited number of valuable guests attended the...
- Boeing lets EVA drop 10 Dreamliners for three 777Fs instead
TAIWAN's Evergreen Airways (EVA Air), a Taiwa has reportedly reached an agreement with Boeing to change seven 787-10 on-order Dreamliners to...
- Ontario airport cargo up 16.1pc in US tops air cargo growth
LOS ANGELES area Ontario International Airport has experienced double-digit growth in air cargo during 2020, reports the San Gabriel Valley Tribune
- Importers analysing peak season shipments in LA to Long Beach
THE ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach handled 53
- New Ivory Coast box terminal to be built in Abidjan
CHINA Harbour Engineering Company (CHEC) has signed a contract for the construction of Abidjan's second container terminal, known as Cote...
- DP World 1H volume down 5.9pc, against 15pc industry drop
DUBAI's global port operator DP World suffered a 5
- Caixin PMI shows marks of recovery in China's services sector
CHINA's services activity again expanded at a solid pace in August, though slightly slower than the previous month, a Caixin-sponsored survey...
- HMM joins PSA in Singapore to run container terminal hub
KOREA's Hyundai Merchant Marine (HMM) has become the sixth container line to enter into a joint venture terminal in Singapore with PSA
- U-Freight busy with project for airline repair firms, despite Covid-19
HONG Kong-based freight forwarder and logistics company, U-Freight says its project activity for airline repair companies has been holding up...
- Lufthansa Cargo welcomes its eighth Boeing 777F to its fleet
A NEW Boeing 777F landed at Frankfurt from Everett in Washington State, the eighth aircraft of this type to join Lufthansa Cargo's freighter...
- July air cargo demand stable, but capacity remains constrained by Covid
THE International Air Transport Association (IATA) has reported that global demand, measured in cargo ton kilometres (CTKs), fell by 13
- Major carriers rush to charter bigger ships to capitalise on rate surge
MAJOR carriers are rushing to charter larger containerships to take advantage of skyrocketing freight rates caused by a spike in demand across major...