RUSSIA's AirBridgeCargo Airlines (ABC) has transported vaccine manufacturing equipment to US as part of a Covid-19 production project
- AirBridgeCargo transports vaccine manufacturing equipment to US
- United Airlines posts US$1.8b Q3 loss as revenue plunges 78pc
UNITED Airlines has reported a US$1
- New container terminal at Itori, Lagos to ease congestion at Apapa port
BUSINESSES operating around Apapa in Lagos will soon heave a sigh of relief, as indigenous firm, International Bulk Cargo Logistics (IBCL), has...
- ICTSI Ecuador invests US$18m to develop Guayaquil Port
INTERNATIONAL Container Terminal Services, Inc's (ICTSI's) subsidiary in Ecuador, Contecon Guayaquil SA (CGSA), has signed an investment...
- Banks to shun shipping post-Covid: banking and maritime industry veteran
FOR all the talk that shipping will escape 2020 as one of very few industries to have had an improved year financially, 'do not expect banks to...
- LA-LB congestion, a headache for US importers as seasonal stock pours in
US retailers are concerned about delays to their holiday merchandise as record import volumes are straining the west coast gateways, in particular...
- Maersk Honam fire causes inconclusive, report exposes regulatory limitations
THE final report into the tragic fire on board the Maersk Honam in March 2018 that killed five crew has concluded that safety systems onboard the...
- Oakland port has best September ever for import volume with a spike of 11pc
THE Port of Oakland handled a total of 93,916 TEU of imports last month, surpassing the 2019 record by 10
- Valenciaport's box volume continues to grow for the fifth month in a row
THE Spanish port of Valenciaport has announced the handling of close to half a million TEU in September, as the port continues its fifth month in...
- Hong Kong's unemployment rate hits 16-year high at 6.4 pc
UNEMPLOYMENT in Hong Kong has surged to a nearly 16-year high of 6
- Cathay Pacific axes 8,500 jobs and shuts down Cathay Dragon
HONG Kong's flag carrier Cathay Pacific has confirmed that it will cut 8,500 jobs across the entire group, including 5,300 local staff and 600...
- TIACA says air cargo industry not ready for Covid-19 vaccine distribution
A SURVEY conducted by The International Air Cargo Association (TIACA) and Pharma
- Charleston, SC will soon have deepest harbour on US East Coast
THE 15,000-TEU CMA CGM Brazil, the biggest ship ever visit the US east coast, sailed into South Carolina's Charleston Harbour because of its...
- Antong Holdings auctions general cargo ship after government bailout
CASH-STRAPPED Chinese domestic liner operator Antong Holdings has begun selling assets to raise cash, a day after securing a government bailout
- China's Q3 GDP grows 4.9pc, economy gains more momentum
CHINA's economic recovery gathered pace in the third quarter as consumers returned to malls and major trading partners reopened for business,...
- Cathay Pacific Cargo targets South American, African markets
HONG Kong's Cathay Pacific's wants to expand its reach to South America and Africa, says the airline's new director of cargo Tom Owens
- Cathay Pacific's airfreight demand ramping up
HONG Kong's Cathay Pacific and Cathay Dragon carried a total of 109,453 tonnes of cargo and mail in September, a decrease of 36
- Nearly 10 tonnes of protected wood in container seized by HK Customs
HONG Kong's Customs and Excise Department seized nearly 10 tonnes of rare, protected wood with an estimated value of HKD6 million (US$774,000)...
- Works start on developing Saudi Arabia's KAPD mega container port
EFFORTS are proceeding to develop Saudi Arabia's King Abdulaziz Port Dammam (KAPD) into a mega container terminal and regional hub for shipping
- Record Q3 container volume of 2.7m TEU at the Port of Los Angeles
CONTAINER throughput at the Port of Los Angeles hit an all-time high in the third quarter and showed few signs of slowing as year-end holiday...