AGAINST a market backdrop of weakening demand growth and mounting operational costs, trade wars and fuel surcharges are set to dominate container...
- IMO 2020 to push up box ship fuel bill hike of US$12-20b
- Singapore orders unmanned aircraft to be CAAS registered
THE Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore (CS) has announced that mandatory Unmanned Aircraft (UA1) Registration for radio-controlled aircraft,...
- UPS expects record returns to follow record e-commerce peak
UPS expects a 26 per cent year-on-year increase in returns processing on January 2 thanks to the important role e-commerce has come to play in...
- Amazon becomes its own biggest deliverer, shipping 3.5 billion parcels
AMERICAN e-commerce giant Amazon
- Airlines queue up to buy Made-in-USA Airbus jets to avoid US tariffs
AMERICAN airlines that fly Airbus planes have been asking that their planes come from Airbus's sole US plant, in Mobile, Alabama, to avoid...
- LNG-powered box ships are yet to lure switch in industry to cleaner fuels
CMA CGM shortsea subsidiary Containerships has taken delivery of its fourth liquefied natural gas-powered vessel, the 1,380 TEU Containerships Arctic
- Cosco Shipping to spend US$1.8b on 16 box ships: Splash report
CHINA's Cosco Shipping is reported to be in the market for sixteen box ships worth US$1
- Hong Kong exports expected to slide 2pc in 2020: HKTDC forecast
THE latest forecast by the Hong Kong Trade Development Council (HKTDC) shows that the value of Hong Kong exports in 2020 is expected to shrink by 2...
- Boeing to stop production of 737 Max starting in January
US aircraft manufacturer Boeing has announced that it plans to suspend production of the 737 Max starting in January while it waits for the embattled...
- 10pc world box fleet to be fitted with scrubbers before IMO 2020
TEN per cent of the world's containership fleet will be fitted with scrubbers by January 2020 when the International Maritime Organization's...
- Asia Pacific airlines suffer 5.9pc decline in cargo demand in October
ASIA PACIFIC airlines experienced weakness in October cargo volume with demand down 5
- Evergreen orders four new 23,000-TEU ships from Shanghai yards
TAIWAN's Evergreen has ordered four 23,000-TEU ships built two at SSC Hudong-Zhonghua Shipbuilding and another two at CSSC Jiangnan Shipyard,...
- Cyber Monday e-commerce kicks off FedEx's peak season in 2019
FEDEX is optimistic that it will move a record 33 million packages across its global network on Cyber Monday on December 2
- Emirates orders 50 Airbus aircraft for US$16 billion at Dubai Airshow
THE largest order announced so far at the Dubai Airshow held in the emirate from November 17-21 was placed by Dubai-based Emirates' for 50 Airbus...
- UPS speeds up delivery times in Asia Pacific with service improvements
UPS is offering faster, guaranteed delivery times to 1
- Alibaba's Cainiao to start China-Russia freighter services with 2 Russian airlines
ALIBABA's logistics unit Cainiao is partnering with Aviastar-Tu and Pochta Russia to commence freighter flights with the goal of speeding up the...
- Korean shipbuilders regain top spot by capturing most new orders in October
SOUTH Korea recaptured the top spot in global shipbuilding orders last month on the back of its dominance in the liquefied natural gas (LNG) carrier...
- Alibaba raises stake in its logistic unit Cainiao with investment of US$3.3b
CHINA's Alibaba Group Holdings has raised its stake in its logistics unit Cainiao to 63 per cent with a US$3
- Global air cargo volume continues downwards slide as volumes fall 4.5pc in Sept
GLOBAL airfreight volume, measured in freight tonne kilometres (FTKs), suffered a year-on-year decline of 4
- HSBC survey shows trade optimism lives on despite geopolitical risks
EXPORTERS are currently facing a whole host of problems, from conflicts in the Middle East to the US-China trade war and Brexit, plus mounting...