The Taiwan Transportation Safety Board yesterday said that it would launch an investigation into a collision at the Port of Taipei on Monday night...
- Pilot boat sunk after having collided with container vessel M/V Godspeed
- Port of NYNJ chief Rick Cotton tests positive for coronavirus
THE executive director of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey (PANYNJ), Rick Cotton, has tested positive for the coronavirus and was under...
- Backhaul US, Europe box shipping rates go up, headhaul rates hold constant
A CAPACITY shortage is looming over cargo shipments due to the outbreak of the coronavirus that triggered the cancellation of a stack of fronthaul...
- William Flynn is named new Amtrak president and COO
WILLIAM Flynn is to become Amtrak's new president and chief operating officer from mid-April
- Long Beach port officials step up measures to stop spread of coronavirus
LONG Beach Mayor Robert Garcia said the city is prepared and closely monitoring the coronavirus outbreak in the US, and that the city is taking extra...
- Ice worth US$196m found at Sydney airport depot
AUSTRALIAN Border Force officers has seized up to AUD300 million (US$196
- Singaporean tanker operator admits in US court to illegally dumping oil bilge
THE US Department of Justice has announced that a Singapore-based tanker operator has pleaded guilty in a California district court to illegally...
- Environmentalists win court case to block Heathrow expansion
UK's London Heathrow's plan for a third runway faces further delays after environmental activists won an appeal over an expansion that...
- Beleaguered Qatar Airways increases share in BA owner IAG to 25.1pc
QATAR Airways has increased its share in British Airways parent IAG to tighten its grip on the European group after expansion in the Gulf was...
- Euroseas widens 2016 loss to US$1.7m, but sales rise 16.3pc to $40m
ATHENS-BASED short-sea operator Euroseas widened an annual net loss to US$1
- Seaspan 2019 profit up 77.3pc to US$368 million as revenue rises 3.6pc
SEASPAN, Hong Kong's non-operating containership owner, posted a 77
- White House opens China trade deal surveillance unit in USTR office
THE White House, under the US Trade Representative, has initiated a new office to ensure China adheres to terms of the 'Phase One' trade deal...
- DP World delists from Nasdaq Dubai to fit acquisitions into network
DP WORLD is preparing to delist from Nasdaq Dubai as its parent Port and Free Zone World fails to reap the advantages of a public listing
- Cathay flies 151,964 tonnes of cargo and mail in January, down 8.9pc
CATHAY Pacific and Cathay Dragon transported a combined 151,964 tonnes of cargo and mail in January, representing a year-on-year decrease of 8
- Preventing stevedore deaths on board ships needs greater cooperation
PREVENTING stevedore injuries and deaths is gaining urgency now that at least 16 dock workers and 12 seafarers perished in confined-space related...
- Huawei's racketeering charge in US will slow its 5G global penetration
THE US has charged Shenzhen's Huawei Technologies with new racketeering offences, that is intellectual property theft, reported Caixin
- 100 Indians, leftist protesters cripple Canadian railways to block pipeline
PROTESTS against a natural gas pipeline are crippling Canada's railways, prompting outcries of 'insanity' and 'ecoterrorism',...
- Wilmington port to complete expansion to handle 14,000-TEU ship in March
THE port of Wilmington in North Carolina expects to complete the expansion of its refrigerated container yard in April, tripling its reefer storage...
- DP World Southampton hosts Maersk's banana boxship
MAERSK Line has changed its UK call on the ECUBEX South America reefer service to Southampton's DP World terminal to improve time to market for...
- Geodis is recognised for its efforts to cut greenhouse gas emissions
THE Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP) has awarded Geodis an 'A-' rating for 2019