ACCORDING to data compiled by the International Air Transport Association (IATA), globally airfreight volumes dropped by 3
- AIR cargo volumes in Africa surged 12.6 pc in October, outperforming rest of world
- PANYNJ ExpressRail set record - 666,381 TEU, up 1.2pc in October
THE Port Authority of New York and New Jersey (PANYNJ) in October handled 1
- Oakland seeks turning basin expansion to boost competitiveness
THE Port of Oakland officials plan to expand the turning basins to accommodate ships of 18,000-TEU capacity, as well as upgrade roads
- Oil refiners gear up to supply marine fuel compliant with IMO2020
GLOBAL oil refiners have revamped processing units and adjusted operations to boost output of low sulphur fuels and marine gasoil (MGO) to meet the...
- Kanway Shipping: Always in pursuit of excellence to serve customers
IN pursuit of its goal to provide excellence in services, Kanway Shipping Ltd has long obtained a business licence for operating a direct service...
- Globally airports report mixed air cargo results as volumes slide
WORLDWIDE air cargo industry performance posted a mixed results in October, with airports like Seattle, Shanghai, Ontario and Guangzhou posting...
- Crude price falls as Trump signals long wait for US-China trade deal
OIL slipped below US$56 a barrel US President Donald Trump said there may be a long wait for a trade agreement with China, reported Bloomberg
- China's GDP may fall below 6pc in 2020: UBS Wealth Management
CHINA's economic growth could drop below six per cent next year for the first time since 1990, says UBS Wealth Management, reported Caixin
- China's PMI brightens in November, but analysts see darker side
CHINA's National Bureau of Statistics' manufacturing purchasing managers' index (PMI) rose to 50
- Trump: 'Pro-Hong Kong protest bill I signed did not help trade talks'
US President Donald Trump said American
- Russian container traffic up 4.9pc, but Arctic volume down 22.4pc
CONTAINER throughput of all the Russian seaports in October grew 4
- SIA freighters fly Dallas-Atlanta-Brussels-Sharjah-S'pore
SINGAPORE Airlines launches new freighter route via Atlanta International Airport (ATL) to Singapore Changi Airport, with departure from Dallas Fort...
- Trade war, Panama/Suez upgrades help USEC, but hurt USWC ports
US east coast ports are enjoying accelerated cargo volume at the expense of the west coast because of infrastructure improvements, expanded sea...
- Cathay Pacific: Good peak season for Asia Pacific - not so, says FIS
HONG KONG's Cathay Pacific Cargo has reported a positive peak season, based on its performance and its role in transporting freight related to...
- Asia Pacific airlines suffer 5.9pc decline in cargo demand in October
ASIA PACIFIC airlines experienced weakness in October cargo volume with demand down 5
- Ships face difficulty unloading huge build-up of stored floating LNG
UNPRECEDENTED weak demand for liquefied natural gas (LNG), combined with a spike in US exports of natural gas, resulted in bottlenecks in global...
- FAA ends old practice of letting Boeing judge quality of its own work
SMARTING from criticism that allowed Boeing personnel to conduct safety checks for which the Federal Aviation Administration was responsible, the US...
- Leipzig/Halle airport cargo achieves record high of 112,587 tonnes
GERMANY's Leipzig/Halle Airport, Europe's fifth largest air cargo hub, handled a record 112,587 tonnes of air freight in October,...
- Asian Logistics & Maritime Conference airs HK trends and challenges
TRADE disputes and changing trade and consumption patterns were discussed by logistics, maritime and aviation industry experts attending the ninth...
- South Carolina ports boxes increased 7pc to 217,360 TEU since July
SOUTH Carolina Ports Authority's Wando Welch and North Charleston container terminals handled 217,360 TEU in October