A RECENT meeting of the Port of Los Angeles Harbour Commissioners heard that California ports were not only paying more for diesel fuel, but were...
- California ports face major challenges with high energy costs
- Box lines aim to pass on higher fuel bills on to shippers in new contracts
CONTAINER shipping lines are looking to pass on higher IMO 2020 low sulphur fuel bills to shippers, while they are in the final stages of negotiating...
- Eight armed robberies against ships in Asia in November: ReCAAP
THERE was a total of eight incidents of armed robbery against ships in Asia in November but no piracy incident was reported, according to data...
- DVB Bank withdraws from ship financing
FRANKFURT-BASED transport finance specialist DVB Bank has signalled that it will exit the industry
- APL container ship crashes into port of Antwerp crane
A HARBOUR crane at the port of Antwerp collapsed after being hit by container vessel APL Mexico City earlier this week
- US retail imports surge in November to beat December's proposed tariffs
MAJOR container ports in the US in November recorded a surge in volumes as retailers imported merchandise ahead of new tariffs set to take effect...
- Nippon Express gets GDP certification at Hyderabad Airport complex
A SUBSIDIARY of Japan's Nippon Express Co Ltd, Nippon Express (India) Private Limited (NE India), has obtained certification for Good...
- Westports sets new record by lifting 10m TEU
MALAYSIA'S Westports Holdings Bhd (Westports) has become the only terminal in the country to handle 10 million TEU in a calendar year
- China exports continue to fall in November as US trade war continues
CHINA's exports fell in November as shipments to the US slowed sharply, adding to concerns about the effects of the two nations' trade war
- North American rail throughput down 20pc in final week in November
RAIL volume for the week ending November 30 on 12 reporting US, Canadian and Mexican railways totalled 305,507 carloads, down 20
- UK's East Midlands airport reaches out to Chinese side to start direct cargo flights
THE UK's East Midlands Airport (EMA) has revealed that preliminary talks are ongoing with counterparts at Chongqing Jiangbei international...
- Hong Kong Airlines near bankruptcy as it seeks for rescuer to pay bills
HONG KONG's Air Transport Licensing Authority (ATLA) has issued an ultimatum to Hong Kong Airlines, saying it must secure a cash injection and...
- Oil refiners gear up to supply marine fuel compliant with IMO2020
GLOBAL oil refiners have revamped processing units and adjusted operations to boost output of low sulphur fuels and marine gasoil (MGO) to meet the...
- Surprise! Surprise! Bunker fuel shake-up plays out in weirdest ways
THE UN's shipping fuel shake-up is not playing out the way pundits thought it would, reports Dubai-based MENA Financial
- Slow scrubber retrofits remove 3.6pc of box ship fleet from market
SOME 839,100 TEU of containership capacity, equivalent to 3
- China's PMI brightens in November, but analysts see darker side
CHINA's National Bureau of Statistics' manufacturing purchasing managers' index (PMI) rose to 50
- Trade war, Panama/Suez upgrades help USEC, but hurt USWC ports
US east coast ports are enjoying accelerated cargo volume at the expense of the west coast because of infrastructure improvements, expanded sea...
- Cathay Pacific: Good peak season for Asia Pacific - not so, says FIS
HONG KONG's Cathay Pacific Cargo has reported a positive peak season, based on its performance and its role in transporting freight related to...
- Container contract rate decline appears to have ended: Xeneta data
A CONTINUING downward trend on long-term contracted ocean rates appears to have ended for the moment with increases in November, reports Xeneta
- 24-year-old second mate disappears from S'pore 3,800-TEUer at sea
RELATIVES of missing Second Officer Vladislav Maslov, 24, of the 13,800-TEU Thalassa Patris are trying to find out what has happened to him after he...