CATHAY Pacific and Cathay Dragon transported a combined 151,964 tonnes of cargo and mail in January, representing a year-on-year decrease of 8
- Cathay flies 151,964 tonnes of cargo and mail in January, down 8.9pc
- Deepsea container volumes grew 1pc to 169 million TEU in 2019: CTS
CONTAINER Trades Statistics (CTS) has calculated that containerised cargo transported over deepsea routes swelled to 169 million TEU in 2019, an...
- Qatari ports lift 115,837 TEU in January as expansion works continue
QATARI ports of Hamad, Doha and Ruwais Port saw a significant rise in cargo volumes in January, handling 50 per cent more vehicles compared to the...
- Westports' 4Q net profit down 13.8pc but full-year earnings up
WESTPORTS Holdings Bhd's net profit dived by 13
- Imports to US major ports expected to take heavy blow in February
IMPORT volumes at the top US retail container ports are likely to dive this month on the back of the coronavirus outbreak
- WFS to provide warehousing services to Etihad Cargo at Frankfurt
ETIHAD Cargo has chosen Worldwide Flight Services (WFS) to provide warehouse and cargo handling services at Frankfurt Airport from February 15, 2020
- Airfreight rates forecast to dive deeper in January, after lacklustre peak season
AIRFREIGHT rates dipped in December following a rise in November, suggesting that the weak peak season has come to an end, and London-based...
- Rijeka's Adriatic Gate Container Terminal lifts 20pc more in 2019
CROATIA's Adriatic Gate Container Terminal (AGCT) in the Port of Rijeka handled 271,800 TEU last year, representing a year-on-year increase of 20...
- Drewry's port throughput indices show November cargo traffic falls 2pc
THE Drewry Container Port Throughput Indices that track volume growth/decline based on monthly throughput data for a sample of 220 ports worldwide...
- ATA Truck Tonnage Index shows For-Hire Truck Tonnage up 3.3pc
AMERICAN Trucking Associations' advanced seasonally adjusted (SA) For-Hire Truck Tonnage Index rose 3
- Weakness persists in Asian air cargo carriers throughout December
ASIAN air carriers reported mixed year-on-year declines in cargo traffic in December with mainland-based Air China and Singapore Airlines suffering...
- Major alliances up Southeast Asia to US west coast shipping capacity
LEADING container shipping lines will this year offer more capacity between Southeast Asia and the US west coast, signalling that the US sourcing...
- Chinese export growth slows to three-year low to 0.5pc in 2019
CHINA's exports grew 0
- IMO 2020 triggers payment delays, cost overruns in scrubber retrofits
EXTRAORDINARILY high bunker bills connected to IMO 2020 compliance has led to payment delays, a shortage of yard slots and cost overruns related to...
- Biden slams US-China trade deal, 'it makes little progress on key issues'
US Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden blasted the 'phase one' trade deal with China that it failed to make gains on subsidies,...
- Cathay group cargo volume drops 2.9pc in Dec to 177,561 tonnes
HONG Kong's Cathay Pacific and Cathay Dragon carried 177,561 tonnes of cargo and mail in December month, a decrease of 2
- Port of NY and NJ posts record volume for container and rail in November
THE Port of New York and New Jersey (PNYNJ) hit record volumes in both rail cargo and overall container throughput for November, handling 599,626...
- Container lines blank more sailings to match demand, bolster rates
THE downturn in US-China trade is prompting major container shipping lines to scrap an expanding number of weekly transpacific sailings
- US retail import volumes are expected to return to traditional seasonal patterns
DESPITE the flux and trepidation caused by the uncertainties surrounding the US-China trade war, the dust is starting to settle over retail imports...
- Abu Dhabi Ports box liftings surge 47pc to record 2.5m TEU in 2019
ABU Dhabi Ports (ADP) has ended 2019 with impressive year-to-date results and recording-breaking milestones, underlining the company's continued...