US President Donald Trump signed an executive order to encourage production of drugs and medical supplies in the US following shortages the Covid-19...
- Trump administration signs order seeking to return drug making to US
- Democrats wants US$170 million in Covid grants taken from Swissport
MASS layoffs at groundhandler Swissport USA has prompted congressional demands for a clawback of the US$170
- South African Airways rescue stalls as banks say they lack funds
THE expected rescue of South African Airways (S) has been stalled because government attempts to raise ZAR5
- Volkswagen starts Ghana assembly after a ban on used car imports
GERMAN automotive giant Volkswagen has begun assembling cars in Ghana after a partial government ban on importing used cars, reports Bloomberg News
- ICTSI's H1 profit off 12pc to US$113.4 million, revenue down 4pc
MANILA's International Container Terminal Services Inc (ICTSI) has posted a 12 per cent drop in first half year-on-year net profit to US$113
- Carriers divert to Port of Tripoli 43 miles away after Beirut blast
LEADING container lines are diverting ships to Lebanon's smaller terminal of Tripoli after the devastating explosion at Beirut's port that...
- Beirut needs immediate shipments of grain - food is in short supply
WITH the Port of Beirut closed after the massive explosion and infrastructure destroyed, food shortages are rife and half a million children in the...
- SANMAR'S SIRAPINAR COMMENCES OPERATIONS IN BALTIC SEA
In spite of COVID-19 and rough seas Sanmar Shipyards arranged delivery of another new tug to Latvia on schedule, to join the AS PKL Flote fleet in...
- Virgin Atlantic tells court it expects to run out of cash by next month
RICHARD Branson and Virgin Atlantic told a London court they will run out of money by next month unless it secures approval for a US$1
- Air Canada renews fight with PM over Covid flight, travel restrictions
AIR CANADA has renewed its fight with Prime Minister Justine Trudeau over Covid-driven travel restrictions, threatening to suspend routes and cancel...
- Houston sees big decline as Covid-19 continues to affect industry
THE Port of Houston has seen a decline in container volume due to Covid-19 according to London's Container Management
- XPO Logistics revenues hit by Covid, but stays upbeat and bullish
CONNECTICUT's XPO Logistics suffered a year-on-year second quarter net loss of US$57 million, drawn on revenues of $1
- South Carolina opens first new US container terminal in 11 years
THE South Carolina Ports Authority (SCPA) announced the opening of the first new container terminal in the US in 11 years according to Fort...
- Port of Rotterdam cargo volumes suffer 9.1pc drop in first half
THE Port of Rotterdam lifted 218
- DP World blames Covid for 3.9pc in first half fall in box volume
DUBAI's DP World posted a 3
- ONE posts second quarter profit despite revenue, volume declines
JAPANESE owned but Singapore based Ocean Network Express (ONE) suffered a decline in revenue of 11
- IAG Cargo passenger-freighter idea pays off as sales soar 33.1pc
IAG CARGO's strategy of setting up a scheduled cargo network of passenger-freighters while most of its aircraft are grounded has paid off,...
- Panama ports first half box throughput up 14pc to 3.8 million TEU
PANAMA's ports cargo volume grew by 13
- Increased tonnage afloat will result in rate slide, says Alphaliner
SOME 313 containerships, or 1,555,959 TEU, remained laid-up as of July 20, representing 6
- Gebruder Weiss spends US$7.9 million on Vienna ecommerce hub
AUSTRIA's transport and logistics company Gebruder Weiss' home delivery division has invested EUR6