THERE are signs that shipping operations in China are returning to normal, according to figures from Lloyd's List Intelligence, which show the...
- Things picking up in China as ship calls return to previous levels
- Neptune Pacific Line buys Singapore's PIL subsidiary Pacific Direct Line
NEPTUNE Pacific Line (Neptune), which provides container shipping services in the Pacific between Australia, New Zealand and Fiji, has acquired...
- Coronavirus could slap US$700m bill on US retailers in March/April
CORONAVIRUS-RELATED production and transportation shortages could cost US retailers US$700 million in lost revenue between March 9 and April 20,...
- Airlines globally see revenue plummet due to coronavirus that racks up bills
THE International Air Transport Association (IATA) predicts the coronavirus will cause total revenue losses for commercial airlines of between US$63...
- Box volume at LA port plunges 23pc in Feb amid coronavirus scare
THE Port of Los Angeles, the busiest port in the US by both container volume and cargo value, has experienced a significant decline in cargo movement...
- Coronavirus outbreak drives up inactive container ships to all-time high
THE number of unemployed container ships is now at an all-time high, due to the COVID-19 outbreak and the delay in scrubber installations at Chinese...
- Backhaul US, Europe box shipping rates go up, headhaul rates hold constant
A CAPACITY shortage is looming over cargo shipments due to the outbreak of the coronavirus that triggered the cancellation of a stack of fronthaul...
- Coronavirus is 'hugely disruptive' to global shipping supply chains
THE coronavirus outbreak is causing supply chain disruptions that are placing hundreds of millions of dollars worth of shipping business in jeopardy,...
- Box carriers suffer US$2b loss as volumes plunge 1.9m TEU
THE coronavirus outbreak has so far cost container shipping lines US$2 billion in lost revenue, after volumes plummeted by 1
- ICTSI net profit plunges 52pc despite rises in revenue and box volume
MANILA's International Container Terminal Services Inc (ICTSI) has posted a net profit of US$100
- LA-LB ports face truck chassis shortage due to work shift cancellations
CONTAINER yards in southern California are becoming chock full of empties that have nowhere to go, raising the prospect of a shortage of chassis...
- William Flynn is named new Amtrak president and COO
WILLIAM Flynn is to become Amtrak's new president and chief operating officer from mid-April
- Vancouver handles record TEU in 2019 and 144m tonnes of cargo
THE port of Vancouver handled 144 million tonnes of cargo in 2019, down two per cent from 2018; and a record 3
- Delta Air Lines, Hawaiian Airlines scrap flights to virus-hit Seoul
US-BASED carriers Delta Air Lines and Hawaiian Airlines have temporarily suspended some services between the United States and South Korea
- Major US ports see container traffic shrink in January
THE US-China trade war, the prolonged Lunar New Year factory shutdown combined with the coronavirus outbreak worldwide squeezed container volumes at...
- Wan Hai spends US$187m on a pair of PIL boxships
TAIWAN's regional carrier Wan Hai Lines is to purchase a pair of container carriers from Singapore's Pacific International Lines (PIL)
- Coronavirus to cost container shipping industry US$1.7bn in lost revenue
THE global shipping industry risks losing an estimated US$1
- Coronavirus drags down China's sea port cargo volumes by 6m TEU
CARGO traffic at China's sea ports is expected to have dropped by six million TEU owing to the prolonged Lunar New Year holiday, a move...
- DP World acquires Fraser Surrey Docks near Vancouver
DUBAI-based port operator DP World says it has completed the acquisition of Fraser Surrey Docks in British Columbia from Macquarie Infrastructure...
- Saudi's King Abdullah port handles record cargo, but boxes drop in 2019
KING Abdullah port, 85 miles north of Jeddah, saw its bulk and general cargo throughput rise to 2