DREWRY Maritime Advisors has expressed cautious optimism after analysing the new legal framework of new reforms of Brazil's port system
- New dawn of reform expected for Brazilian ports: Drewry analysts
- Kerry Logistics partners with Meridian Shipping to form joint venture
KERRY Logistics Group, headquartered in Hong Kong, is setting up a new joint venture in Singapore with Meridian Shipping Services Group (MSSG)
- CSSC Shipping inks first ship leasing deal
CSSC Shipping (Hong Kong) has inked a shipbuilding contract with CSSC Chengxi Shipyard to construct two 38,000dwt bulk carriers which will be leased
- OSX Scales Back Shipyard, Taps $120 Million Put from Batista
OSX Brasil SA, the shipyard and ship leasing company controlled by Brazilian billionaire Eike Batistaove, will
- Moore Stephens recommends that ship owners explore leasing solutions
International accountant and shipping adviser Moore Stephens said shipping companies should explore leasing opportunities as a way of adjusting their...
- Shipping Should Explore Leasing Solutions, Moore Stephens Says
International accountant and shipping adviser Moore Stephens says shipping companies should explore leasing opportunities
- Tianjin targets port container throughput of 13 million TEU in 2013
TIANJIN has set a port throughput target of 13 million TEU and 500 million tonnes in overall cargo this year, said Tianjin Port Group spokesman Zhang...
- Martek declares “ECDIS leasing option essential“
Martek declares “ECDIS leasing option essential for shipowners and industry to benefit from early adoption”
- Marshall Islands First Country to Adopt Maritime Amendment Act (No. 1), 2013
Marshall Islands’ Nitijela passed the Maritime Amendment Act (No. 1), 2013 – a legislative initiative of key significance to the international...
- Cosco Pacific buys 39.04pc Taicang terminal stake from parent company
COSCO has transferred its 39.04 per cent stake in International Container Terminal (TICT) at Taicang up stream from Shanghai on the Yangtze to its...
- INTERVIEW-China Eximbank to expand ship loans despite downturn - Reuters
INTERVIEW-China Eximbank to expandshiploans despite downturnReutersChineseshipyards facing bankruptcies. *Shippingsector conditions still seen tough....
- Ontario Teachers' Pension Fund returns to invest in container shipping
THE Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan, one of the largest pension funds in Canada, is paying US$467 million to buy a 100 per cent stake in container...
- After 2011 losses, CSCL is back in black after sale-leaseback of boxes
China Shipping Container Lines now expects a net profit of CNY520 million (US$83.7 million) for 2012.
- Cosco Piraeus prospers while state-owned side of Greek port languishes
The other half of the port is still run by the state and lags behind the Cosco Pacific section because of entrenched labour rules and high wages.
- GAC unveils greener, cheaper bag-in-a-box sustainable container
GAC Packaging Solutions, part of the GAC Group, has launched a new ecologically-friendly and cost-effective packaging solution for liquid and dry...
- Weihai Shipyard signs leasing deal with Minsheng
CATIC Shenzhen Holding has announced its indirect subsidiary Shandong Shipbuilding, which has been incorporated
- Transnet's leasing policy hurts SA's ship building industry, Damen - Bizcommunity.com
Transnet's leasing policy hurts SA'sship buildingindustry, DamenBizcommunity.comAccording to defenceWeb, Kommer Damen, Chairman of the...
- Rioting continues in Panama's Caribbean city of Colon over land sale
RIOTING is "out of police control, and it is not safe to circulate in the city's streets" of Colon on the Caribbean side of the Panama Canal Zone,...
- Taxation Of Container Demurrage Fees
Goods exported to the Philippines are normally brought from other countries by international shipping carriers packed inside huge steel containers....
- Drewry: Lessors own more boxes than carriers and are upbeat about future
LONDON-based Drewry Maritime Research has published its latest Container Leasing Industry 2012/13 report, saying container lessors are expected to...