AIR freight rates from China to Europe, the US and Japan are rising as China takes the lead in resuming production after the impact of the Covid...
- China witnesses uptick in air cargo as economic activity resumes
- Canada's foreign trade makes strides towards post-Covid recovery
CANADA's trade with the world continued its recovery to more normal levels as exports and imports increased 35 per cent since falling to a...
- Israel proceeds with plan to privatise its state-owned ports
ISRAEL's Government Companies Authority (GCA) is proceeding with the first step of the privatisation and sale of 100 per cent of the shares of...
- Port Tracker: US sees weakest peak season in 4 years
US imports at major US ports during 2020 are expected to see their lowest total in four years as the impact of the Covid crisis hits the economy,...
- Importers analysing peak season shipments in LA to Long Beach
THE ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach handled 53
- Caixin PMI shows marks of recovery in China's services sector
CHINA's services activity again expanded at a solid pace in August, though slightly slower than the previous month, a Caixin-sponsored survey...
- July air cargo demand stable, but capacity remains constrained by Covid
THE International Air Transport Association (IATA) has reported that global demand, measured in cargo ton kilometres (CTKs), fell by 13
- Major carriers rush to charter bigger ships to capitalise on rate surge
MAJOR carriers are rushing to charter larger containerships to take advantage of skyrocketing freight rates caused by a spike in demand across major...
- Huawei and ZTE slow down China 5G rollout as US curbs start to bite
SHENZHEN's Huawei Technologies and ZTE, China's two largest telecoms equipment providers, have slowed down their 5G base station installation...
- India posts worst GDP fall of major economies as Covid spikes
INDIA's economy fell 23
- Association of Asia Pacific Airlines reports July cargo demand stablises
THE Association of Asia Pacific Airlines (PA) reported a stable air cargo demand in July, reports London's Air Cargo News
- US hits 24 firms that helped build military bases in South China Sea.
THE US Commerce Department adds 24 Chinese companies to the entity list that helped build military bases in the South China Sea, reports the American...
- Shenzhen Customs posts 13.5pc in July trade growth to US$40 billion
SHENZHEN, south China's metropolis, saw foreign trade grow 13
- Virgin Atlantic Cargo begins operations between UK and Pakistan
VIRGIN Atlantic Cargo flights between the UK and Pakistan will commence from December after creditors voted in favour of its restructuring plan,...
- Savannah harbour is now number one port for American exports
THE Port of Savannah exported more loaded containers than any other port in the country from January through May, achieving a 12
- Airfreight rates from China on the rise
AIRFREIGHT rates from China to Europe and North America are on the rise, with rates from Shanghai to those destinations up about 10 per cent over the...
- Virgin Atlantic Cargo expands in Italy as creditors support airline rescue plan
VIRGIN Atlantic Cargo has added Milan as a destination in its network, offering twice-weekly service between London Heathrow and Milan Malpensa...
- Euroseas receives US$7.6m for three of its eldest vessels sold for scrap
NASDAQ-LISTED Greek box ship owner Euroseas has sold three of its eldest vessels for scrap for a total of around US$7
- Box ships surpass tankers with fitted scrubbers: BIMCO
CONTAINERSHIPS with a total cargo carrying capacity of 5
- Q3 demand for box shipping forecasts to decline slightly by 0.1pc: analyst
ANALYST Sea-Intelligence says the demand in the third quarter for container shipping is expected to contract by 0