The world’s top maritime regulator writes that seafarers are ensuring the movement of essential goods during the pandemic, but restrictions on crew...
- Seafarers Need Recognition and Support from Governments: IMO Chief
- Nallian expands business by acquiring pharma logistics consultancy
AIR cargo data platform Nallian has acquired pharma logistics consultant 4Advice as it looks to expand the range of services it can offer
- Shandong Port Group and Rizhao Port jointly develop overseas facilities
SHANGDONG Port Overseas, a unit of Shandong Port Group, has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Rizhao Port to jointly develop...
- There is a future for the shipping world after Covid-19 pandemic: PISR CEO
THE global shipping industry will be at the forefront when the world economy recovers after the Covid-19 pandemic, a view held by Panos Kimidis, CEO...
- Ship operators spending more on Covid measures for crewing sector
IMPORTANT measures taken by ship operators to ensure the safety of seafarers around the globe are proving costly as well as tricky, warns Henrik...
- China loses WTO dispute against EU in 'market status' bid
BEIJING failed to win its battle to have the European Union recognise China as a 'market economy' as defined by the World Trade Organisation,...
- China Eastern to make Hainan home base for new airline
CHINA Eastern has joined with the country's biggest online travel agency Trip
- Novorossiysk port cargo volume down 3.7pc from January to April
RUSSIA's Black Sea harbour of Novorossiysk Commercial Sea Port handled 45
- BMW joins UECC, GoodShipping to advance biofuel trials in shipping!
Singapore — German auto manufacturuer BMW has partnered with shipowner UECC and the GoodShipping Program to advance biofuel trials on UECC's...
- Nippon Express pays US$51m for MD Logistics to boost pharma
JAPAN-BASED logistics firm Nippon Express has acquired Indiana-based MD Logistics in a deal worth JPY5
- Huawei's Meng Wanzhou extradition hearings to continue into 2021
CANADIAN extradition hearings in Vancouver for Huawei executive Meng Wanzhou, wanted on fraud charges in the United States, are expected to continue...
- Hong Kong to allow unrestricted crew changes
In a major step forward in getting crew changes moving again Hong Kong is to allow unrestricted exchanges of seafarers.
- ILO: Release more than 150,000 seafarers!
Seafarers should be treated as ‘key workers’ so they can safely return home, says the International Labour Organization.
- BA joins the rest and strips seats in planes to boost cargo capacity
BRITISH Airways (BA) is the latest airline to remove the seats from one of its passenger aircraft in order to boost cargo carrying capacity
- Amazon expands air cargo fleet leasing 12 Boeing aircraft
AMERICAN e-commerce giant Amazon has leased 12 Boeing 767-300 converted cargo aircraft from Air Transport Services Group, bringing its total fleet to...
- Abu Dhabi Ports links up with Bengal Tiger Line to launch Safeen Feeders
ABU Dhabi Ports has established a new feeder services company named Safeen Feeders in partnership with Bengal Tiger Line (BTL), as part of its...
- WMU WEBINAR COVID-19 AND SHIPPING: Maritime Law and Policy
The most recent offering in the WMU Alumni Webinar series took place on 29 May with the topic of COVID-19 and Shipping: Maritime Law and Policy...
- Cargotec unloads 49pc share in China joint venture
HELSINKI, Finland-headquartered Cargotec has completed the sale of its share of the joint venture Rainbow-Cargotec Industries Co Ltd (RCI) in China
- DP World digitises global supply chains using TradeLens
DUBAI's DP World has completed the early stages of integration with blockchain-based digital container logistics platform TradeLens in a move to...
- APMT's Vietnam terminal to serve 2M Alliance's TP17 service
VIETNAM's Cai Mep International Terminal (CMIT), has welcomed the maiden call of the TP17 service deployed by 2M Alliance and in doing so secured...