AIDA Cruises unfortunately has to suspend all its cruises with ports in the USA and Canada this year.
- AIDA Cruises suspends cruises!
- Virgin Atlantic Cargo to boost cargo-only PAX flights by 33pc
FOLLOWING the success of its cargo-only passenger aircraft flights (PAX) programme in May, Virgin Atlantic Cargo has announced that it is increasing...
- Australia: China won't ease tension after Oz pleads for WHO probe
AUSTRALIA has urged China respond to its requests to discuss easing tensions between the two trading partners after Canberra called for an...
- Ningbo-Zhoushan port to introduce a new 330-metre container berth
NINGBO-ZHOUSHAN is adding a new 70,000 tonne-class 330-metre container berth into operation in July with an annual handling capacity of 620,000 TEU
- LA April volume falls 6pc to 690,000 TEU, LB falls 17.3pc to 519,730 TEU
THE Port of Los Angeles container volume fell six per cent year on year to 690,000 TEU in April due to the continuing impact from the Covid-19...
- CMA CGM Q1 profit up 13.5pc to US$48m, but sales off 3.3pc to $5.52b
FRENCH container shipping giant CMA CGM increased year-on-year first quarter net profit 13
- China eases foreign flight curbs after US order targeting Chinese carriers
CHINA said it will allow more foreign carriers to fly into the mainland, shortly after Washington barred Chinese passenger carriers from flying to...
- Travel restrictions lead to spike in air cargo drug seizures in Hong Kong
HONG Kong air cargo drug seizures surged 165 per cent in first five months as Covid-19 restrictions prevent couriers from flying into city
- Indian scrap yards brace for new wave of ship demolitions
DEMOLITION markets in the Indian subcontinent have now largely reopened and are preparing for a new wave of containerships for scrapping
- S Korean liner alliance in dispute with Busan Port Authority over extra costs
KOREA Shipping Partnership (KSP), a quasi-alliance of South Korea's liner and feeder operators, is seeking arbitration with regard to Busan Port...
- WMU WEBINAR COVID-19 AND SHIPPING: Maritime Law and Policy
The most recent offering in the WMU Alumni Webinar series took place on 29 May with the topic of COVID-19 and Shipping: Maritime Law and Policy...
- 9 Firefighters Hospitalized in Florida After Ship Explosion!
Nine firefighters responding to a fire aboard a ship in Florida have been hospitalized after the ship exploded, injuring eight and sending one to a...
- Airfreight rates on key trades decline for third consecutive week
AIRFREIGHT rates out of Shanghai continued on a downward trajectory last week as air cargo capacity on key routes remained steady, according to the...
- Mexpress starts new bonded trucking service between US-Mexican airports
ROAD feeder service (RFS) provider Mexpress, which offers bonded trucking between US and Mexican airports, has launched a new service from Columbus,...
- E-commerce airfreight volumes the 'saviour' for last-mile logistics firms
AS much as PPE shipments have become the mainstay for air cargo during the pandemic, e-commerce volumes have also broken records
- Cargo-partner launches new Liege hub to cope with air cargo growth
LOGISTICS firm cargo-partner has opened a new office at Liege airport (LGG) to meet recent demand growth
- DSME enhances status as leading smart ship builder, delivering largest box ship
SOUTH Korea's Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering (DSME) has recently delivered a 24,000 TEU super container ship equipped with its own...
- ZIM starts new 'speedy' S China-LA service to cater for e-commerce
ISRAEL's Zim Line is to capitalise on the burgeoning e-commerce sector with a new, fast direct service connecting South China ports with Los...
- Lufthansa Group obtains US$9.9b in financial support
LUFTHANSA Group has secured approval from the federal German government's economic stabilisation fund, WSF, for a EUR9 billion (US$9
- Australia fears China will block its barley exports on bogus dumping rap
AUSTRALIA has annoyed China by calling for an independent investigation into the origins of the coronavirus pandemic, which has allegedly prompted...