VIETNAM's Cai Mep-Thi Vai container port, which now routinely handles 14,000 - 16,000-TEUers, recently saw the maiden call of 2M's TP17...
- Cai Mep ready to gain from supply chain exit from China
- US Senate passes bill against Chinese officials over Hong Kong
THE Republican-controlled US Senate has unanimously passed a bill to impose sanctions on Chinese officials who threaten Hong Kong's autonomy, as...
- Sanmar Adds "IYIDERE" to Its Portfolio as Targe Towing from UK have ordered!
Targe Towing from UK have ordered two Robert Allan RAmbler 1200 multi-purpose mini tugs based on the successful twin screw RA 1600 design.
- CMA CGM seeks investment opportunities in Africa
WITH African nations seeing a record growth rate of 5 per cent over the past decade, French shipping giant CMA CGM has turned its focus to the...
- MSC charters 11 vessels at discounted rates
MEDITERRANEAN Shipping Company, MSC, was quick off the mark to take advantage of the depressed charter market, agreeing to snap up eleven 8,000-8,800...
- Automated shipping coming to Europe's waters
Moving more goods by water could reduce pressure on roads and cut emissions, yet Europe’s shipping industry is held back by labour shortages....
- Cargolux and Unilode boost partnership using Bluetooth readers
UNILODE and Cargolux will install Bluetooth readers at cargo warehouses in order to increase visibility of unit load device (ULD) and create...
- Schiphol needs more comprehensive look at slots for freighters
GATEWAYS like Amsterdam Schiphol Airport should secure sufficient slots for freighters as they are poised to shoulder a disproportionately high...
- Melbourne welcomes largest capacity box ship to call at the port
THE Port of Melbourne (PoM) played host to the 10,662 TEU CMA CGM Ural, the largest container ship by maximum capacity to call at the port
- SIPG and THE Alliance test fast-track box processing at Yangshan port
SHANGHAI International Port Group (SIPG) and THE Alliance have entered into an agreement to test out onshore container drop-offs for cargoes bound...
- MSC introduces Instant Quote function for online cargo bookings
MEDITERRANEAN Shipping Company (MSC) has upgraded its e-business platform myMSC with the addition of a new online Instant Quote function
- At least six migrants died, 93 rescued off Libya's coast
UN says rescued migrants, including one woman who gave birth on a rubber dinghy, brought back to Libya.
- Egypt removes 14 tonnes of waste from Red Sea!
Egypt's environment ministry announced the removal of 14 tonnes of waste from the Red Sea port as part of a government campaign launched recently to...
- Autonomous drone inspections move step closer after successful test
AN autonomous drone inspection has successfully taken place aboard a 19
- LA-LB rise to the challenge to handle mega-ships, but landside pressures remain
TERMINAL operators in Los Angeles-Long Beach have this month demonstrated their ability to handle record container exchanges in a single vessel call
- Qantas launches US$1.3billion placement and axes 6,000 jobs
AUSTRALIA's Qantas Airways has launched an AUD1
- Nansha port bucks trend with more ship calls and boom in intra-Asia services
GUANGZHOU China's port of Nansha is bucking the downturn trend among container terminals this year, and looks to emerge as the big winner from...
- Fitch Assigns Turk P&I 'BB-' IFS Rating; Outlook Stable
Fitch Ratings - Paris - 23 Jun 2020: Fitch Ratings has assigned Turk P ve I Sigorta A.S. (Turk P&I) a 'BB-' Insurer Financial Strength (IFS) Rating.
- Seafarers Need Recognition and Support from Governments: IMO Chief
The world’s top maritime regulator writes that seafarers are ensuring the movement of essential goods during the pandemic, but restrictions on crew...
- Cautious optimism as air cargo volumes improve in May
FOLLOWING the extreme Covid-19 impact on air cargo volumes in the month of April, the air cargo market has shown some signs of improvement in May...