TRAPAC's terminal at the port of Los Angeles is one year into the first phase of a US$510 million upgrade that began in 2013
- Automation helps TraPac's terminal in LA to cope with cargo spikes
- Top 100 ports show stable growth in 2018 handling 616m TEU
BOX volumes at the world's top 100 container ports reached 616
- Port of NY/NJ is US second busiest port after LA
THE Port Authority of New York and New Jersey (PANYNJ) says traffic and activity at its seaport, airports and Goethals Bridge in the first six months...
- S Francisco Bay Area ports to see long-term cargo growth
LONG-TERM cargo growth is expected to be achieved in the containerised cargo, ro/ro vehicle cargo and import dry bulk cargo sectors at sea ports...
- FTA urges UK logistics sector to extend Brexit contingency measures
UK's Freight Transport Association (FTA) has called for an extension to the measures which were put in place in advance of the original deadline...
- US ports to suffer 'double-digit' fall in imports if more tariffs are imposed
THE lastest data from New York consultant Blue Alpha Capital show container throughput at the ten largest US ports fell 3
- CMA CGM increases Asia-Med/North African rates from August 1
FRENCH shipping giant CMA CGM Freight All Kinds (FAK) rates as will increase from August 1 from Asia to the Mediterranean, including North African...
- Eco-regulations and tough market drive 30-truck carrier to the wall
ENVIRONMENTAL compliance costs combined with tough competition to put 40-year-old Timmerman Starlite Trucking out of business in Ceres, California
- Shanghai box throughput increases 5.1pc in first half to 21.54 million TEU
CONTAINER volume through the Port of Shanghai has increased 5
- US shops still stock up ahead of tariffs, but more slowly: Port Tracker
IMPORTS through US major retail container ports will remain at high levels this summer but are expected to grow only modestly compared with last...
- Asia-Europe rate off 1.9pc to US$688/TEU, USWC dips 4.1pc to $1,649/FEU
SPOT rates for shipping containers from Asia to northern Europe in the week ending Friday declined by a further 1
- Box shipping rates come under pressure amid softer demand
UNCERTAINTIES in the trade environment and weak summer demand are being blamed for the decline in freight rates, with the Asia to the west coast of...
- Lululemon increasing air freight ahead of expected port congestion in Asia
CANADIAN clothing retailer Lululemon will increase its international air freight shipments before the fall to get ahead of expected tariff-fueled...
- Asia-Europe rate off 2.1pc to US$701/TEU, USWC soars 24.5pc to $1,720/FEU
SPOT rates for shipping containers from Asia to northern Europe in the week ending Friday fell 2
- LA-LB ports see cargo volumes from China and HK slump due to trade war
THE ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach have seen a big boost in trade with several Southeast Asian countries at the same time the trade war has...
- Transpacific carriers void more sailings and hike rates with peak season GRIs
TRANSPACIFIC ocean carriers are gambling on a good peak season and announcing some hefty rate increases - but they are being obliged to underpin...
- Container ships to benefit from proposed Panama Canal toll changes
THE proposed changes to the Panama Canal transit tolls would provide further incentives for container ships and hike prices for other vessel types
- CN celebrates centennial with 6pc profit increase to US$587.7 million
THE Canadian National Railway in the first quarter of its 100th anniversary posted a 6
- Trade war causes China box exports to US to slump 6.5pc from January-May
CHINA's containerised exports to the US have slipped 6
- Panama proposes changes to toll structure, loyalty to be rewarded
THE Panama Canal has announced proposed toll increases for big ships and minimum tolls for small vessels, which marks the beginning of a 30-day...