There has been much debate about the COLREGS over the last 12 months or so, with many suggesting that it is now time for not just some amendments but...
- COLREGS: Still fit for purpose?
- Savannah port receives 3 more ship-to-shore cranes
THE Port of Savannah has taken delivery of three neopanamax ship-to-shore cranes, bringing its total to 36, more than any other single terminal in...
- Yilport lands concession for Taranto port to revamp box handling
TURKEY's Yilport Holding has been awarded a 49-year concession to operate the Italian port of Taranto by the Port Network Authority of the Ionian...
- New arrivals bring Savannah's crane fleet to 36, most in North America
THE Port of Savannah received three neo-panamax ship-to-shore cranes, bringing its total to 36, more than any other single terminal in North America
- Seattle to spend US$9.5 billion on port expansion of marine facilities
THE Port of Seattle has unveiled plans to spend US$9
- Intra-Asia airfreight rates surge; China to Europe/US prices are rising
THE TAC Index shows that airfreight rates on trade routes between China and Singapore, and from China to Korea have jumped over the past few weeks,...
- Chris Price to succeed Al-Saleh as CEO of Agility
MAJOR global logistics provider, Agility, has announced that CEO of its Global Integrated Logistics (GIL) business, Essa Al-Saleh, is to step down...
- Box volume at LA port plunges 23pc in Feb amid coronavirus scare
THE Port of Los Angeles, the busiest port in the US by both container volume and cargo value, has experienced a significant decline in cargo movement...
- CMA CGM liftings up in 2019, but ends up with a net deficit of US$229m
FRENCH shipping giant CMA CGM Group has posted a net loss of US$229 million for 2019, compared with a profit of $34 million in 2018
- K+N's 2019 earnings are up 3.6pc to US$830m as sea freight remains strong
THE Kuehne + Nagel group saw a considerable improvement in its results in 2019, with net turnover up 1
- ICTSI net profit plunges 52pc despite rises in revenue and box volume
MANILA's International Container Terminal Services Inc (ICTSI) has posted a net profit of US$100
- CEVA wins 5-year contract to manage Airbus parts in Hamburg
CEVA Logistics has been awarded a five-year contract to manage spare parts and components for Airbus at the aircraft manufacturer's site in...
- Nairobi depot surges 62pc to 418,830 TEU as Mombasa ups capacity
CARGO volumes handled at the Inland Container Deport-Nairobi (ICDN) rose by 62
- Seaspan 2019 profit up 77.3pc to US$368 million as revenue rises 3.6pc
SEASPAN, Hong Kong's non-operating containership owner, posted a 77
- Cathay flies 151,964 tonnes of cargo and mail in January, down 8.9pc
CATHAY Pacific and Cathay Dragon transported a combined 151,964 tonnes of cargo and mail in January, representing a year-on-year decrease of 8
- Hamburg's HHLA 2019 container volume up 3.3pc to 7.6 million TEU
GERMAN terminal operator Hamburger Hafen und Logistik (HHLA) increased its group revenue by 6
- Falling air freight points to global downturn, hammered home by virus
GLOBAL air freight weakened again last month, after improving in the last quarter, dashing hopes of a revival now that the coronavirus outbreak has...
- UPS reaches tentative deal with unionised pilots through 2023
THE Independent Pilots Association (IPA) that represents 2,900 UPS pilots has reached a tentative agreement with UPS Airlines on a new two-year...
- Wilmington port to complete expansion to handle 14,000-TEU ship in March
THE port of Wilmington in North Carolina expects to complete the expansion of its refrigerated container yard in April, tripling its reefer storage...
- Hapag-Lloyd pledges to provide quality services to customers
GERMAN shipping line Hapag-Lloyd has set itself the ambitious target of becoming the top carrier for providing quality services